Bucs QB Battle

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I think we will be that dumb.... short-sighted and blind.

Just like the good ole days :O

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
He's under contract so they can keep him around on the practice squad w/o penalty, I think. Worst case scenario.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Be Afraid Runnik. Thats whats going to happen.

And we arent laughing at you guys. Granted we are going to have fun with it, but I think we are all for the most part as caught off guard as you are.

Coachnorm

Got to give Kudos to the Fantasy Football Outlaws for the camp intel on Josh Johnson. I was among the puzzled when they drafted Freeman because I had heard so much talk about Josh Johnsons' potential.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Be Afraid Runnik. Thats whats going to happen.

And we arent laughing at you guys. Granted we are going to have fun with it, but I think we are all for the most part as caught off guard as you are.

Yep i agree. I have to have fun with the thought that TB is entertaining the thought of keeping Byron over Josh and making Byron the starter on opening day. I have had to endure the pain of watching this guy in real games and it isn't pretty. You can ask any Jag or Steeler fan and they will tell you the same thing, Lefty sucks.

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Yep i agree. I have to have fun with the thought that TB is entertaining the thought of keeping Byron over Josh and making Byron the starter on opening day. I have had to endure the pain of watching this guy in real games and it isn't pretty. You can ask any Jag or Steeler fan and they will tell you the same thing, Lefty sucks.

We are no strangers to bad QBs, and to a point, I can endure that, but choosing Leftwich and dropping Johnson would have to be the wost QB decision we have ever made. We finally have a good guy coming up, and Morris wants to get back to Buc Ball.

:banghead:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
We are no strangers to bad QBs, and to a point, I can endure that, but choosing Leftwich and dropping Johnson would have to be the wost QB decision we have ever made. We finally have a good guy coming up, and Morris wants to get back to Buc Ball.

:banghead:

What i don't understand is why teams keep bringing Lefty in and signing him. Doesn't anybody watch his game films ? He's a professional clip board holder and nothing else. Hopefully TB makes the right desicion for this year and up coming years and keep Josh over Lefty.

Coachnorm

I must admit that Josh Johnson needs to hire a press agent. He can't get any credit for anything he does. I saw a KFFL news blurb after last weeks preseason game and it was just a small listing of stats of the Bucs QBs but no mention Of Josh Johnson.

Coachnorm

NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports that the Bucs are gauging interest in three of their quarterbacks -- Luke McCown, Byron Leftwich, and Josh Johnson -- after electing not to name a starter this week.

It sounds like they would like to deal one away and which one it is doesn't matter much. I have to wonder if any of them command any real value as time may send one of them to waviers where they can be picked up for free.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports that the Bucs are gauging interest in three of their quarterbacks -- Luke McCown, Byron Leftwich, and Josh Johnson -- after electing not to name a starter this week.

It sounds like they would like to deal one away and which one it is doesn't matter much. I have to wonder if any of them command any real value as time may send one of them to waviers where they can be picked up for free.
Just read an article on the ESPN rumor page on this. They stated that if Chucky were still coach...the starter was going to be Johnson. But they don't think they can get value for him..due to lack of experience.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
If Byron doesn't completely step on his johnson tonight, he's your week 1 starter and McCown gets actively shopped.

Oakland is one of a few teams rumored to be interested in McCown should he lose this battle.