Buccaneers' Defensive Backfield Issues

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Within the past 2 days, Safety Tanard Jackson gets a 4-game pop for violation of the league's Substance Abuse Policy, and CB Aquib Talib goes all Mike Tyson on a cab driver, garnering 2 misdemeanor charges.

I stated in an earlier thread that Raheem Morris may be in over his head dealing with a number of potential character issues in this locker room. Is that observation proving prophetic, or are these 2 incidents involving important defensive starters purely coincidental?

Within the past 2 days, Safety Tanard Jackson gets a 4-game pop for violation of the league's Substance Abuse Policy, and CB Aquib Talib goes all Mike Tyson on a cab driver, garnering 2 misdemeanor charges.

I stated in an earlier thread that Raheem Morris may be in over his head dealing with a number of potential character issues in this locker room. Is that observation proving prophetic, or are these 2 incidents involving important defensive starters purely coincidental?

The person who could answer this question accurately must have some experience in dealing with such matters.

What say you Marvin Lewis?

Arctic Dawgs

from an email
Aug 20, 2009 08:18 AM CDTTalib arrested for battery
The News
The Tampa Tribune reports that defensive back Aqib Talib was arrested for simple battery and resisting arrest early Thursday morning.
Our View
Talib, who was already involved in a preseason fight with a teammate, now has this to worry about. Both charges against him are misdemeanors, but the Bucs will likely reprimand him as well and he could see a more harsh punnishment from the team than Johnny Law.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
This is exactly why I'm always so adamant about character red flags when researching the Draft each year. Talib had some question marks leading up to last April, which pushed him down a bit and completely off of some team's boards altogether. He was arguably the most talented DB coming out in 2008, but sometimes a tiger just can't change his stripes.
Let's hope this is the beginning and the end of it, because this team really needs him at 100% mentally and physically during its rebuilding process.