Browns fire Lombardi

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Browns have made several strange to down right crazy moves of late but this is finally one that I can understand. The new GM is Ray Farmer who was promoted up from the assistant GM to the top spot. Now I don't know anything at all about Farmer other than I like his name but he can't possibly do any worse than Mike did during his time in the GM's chair.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Here's some more on the story out of Cleveland this morning from our friends at rotoworld.com.

"CEO Joe Banner has also been relieved of his duties and will be out of the organization by May. So, the madness in Cleveland continues on. Lombardi and Banner joined the Browns, along with coach Rob Chudzinski, ahead of the 2013 season, and now all three have been fired a year into the job. This also partly explains why Farmer, 39, pulled out of the running for the Dolphins' GM job last month. While it's been a crazy time in Cleveland, it's arguable that the Browns are actually upgrading with this move. Farmer is a well-respected personnel man, while Lombardi was merely a figurehead. Owner Jimmy Haslam will allow Farmer and new coach Mike Pettine -- who we assume is safe -- to handle things for at least the next couple seasons, we'd imagine. "

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'd hate to be a Brown's fan, even a closet fan which I have a sneaking suspicion poor ole Miller might well be.:)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I mean they are from his home state and he's had lots of good things to say about the city of Cleveland if my memory serves me right.

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
I can't tell if Banner or Lombardi were good or bad at their jobs. Hated drafting Mingo, thought trading Richardson was a good idea even at the time, thought Hoyer showed promise. Thought firing Chudzinski was puzzling, but I could say the same thing about his hiring.

All I know is that if I were a Browns fan, I wouldn't trust Haslam any further than I can throw him between his fradulent truck-stop scamming and this three-ring circus he's running in Cuyahoga County. Also, I'm really excited Mike Lombardi is available to be on the B.S. Report in 2014.

Poor Cleveland. Maybe Farmer can turn this thing around.

cctekguy

Staff member
Not likely a Bengals fan is also a fan of the Browns.

Too many years the Browns rode roughshod over Cincy, though he might feel sorry for them....temporarily.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I mean they are from his home state and he's had lots of good things to say about the city of Cleveland if my memory serves me right.
Huh????? I don't speak to highly about the mistake by the lake.....the United States has 2 arm pits......Detruoit and Cleveland.......and Cleveland isn't Ohio......I don't know who claims it, but it's not Ohio ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not likely a Bengals fan is also a fan of the Browns.

Too many years the Browns rode roughshod over Cincy, though he might feel sorry for them....temporarily.
I enjoy their misery.....though for rivalry sake, it would be fun to have both decent at the same time, something that has not happened in my adult life......

cctekguy

Staff member
Give Mud a break on this one.

He lives in a state that only has 1 pro team in ANY sport. He doesn't get the whole "cross town" vibes.

GO CUBS!