Browns drop Jamal Lewis/Browns Rushing Attack Going Forward?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
According to Shefter's Twitter page.

Overall this came as expected. Now the $100 question is, "Will the Browns go forward with Jerome Harrison?" He certainly showed some solid goods this season and was on a tear at the end. Whether the Brows see him as a primary back or not is still to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
According to Shefter's Twitter page.

Overall this came as expected. Now the $100 question is, "Will the Browns go forward with Jerome Harrison?" He certainly showed some solid goods this season and was on a tear at the end. Whether the Brows see him as a primary back or not is still to be seen.
Don't forget James Davis who was higher on the depth chart over Harrison before he got hurt. Another pile driver type back with Davis.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
If James Davis can rehab his knee successfully i see a RBBC situation for the Browns, along with J.Harrison should be a nice combo threat

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The guy went off for what...286 in a game?

You can platoon him with Davis if you want, but the man has earned the right to try and be the lead back. He did good things with NO passing game whatsoever.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Oh, and to address the subject of the thread, Not only was this expected, I was under the impression Lewis was going to retire anyway.

Coachnorm

Don't forget James Davis who was higher on the depth chart over Harrison before he got hurt. Another pile driver type back with Davis.

Davis was on some Waiver Wires last year and could be a boon to those who grabbed him and stashed him.

Coachnorm

The guy went off for what...286 in a game?

You can platoon him with Davis if you want, but the man has earned the right to try and be the lead back. He did good things with NO passing game whatsoever.

Harrison did step up and show something last year. It will make the Browns training camp an interesting watch. Who would have thought I would ever say that.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Davis was on some Waiver Wires last year and could be a boon to those who grabbed him and stashed him.

I traded to get J,Davis before the injury in my dynasty league :sadbanana: but still hold high hopes he will get a chance with J.Lewis gone

I'm not ready to jump on the Harrison bandwagon. Can't deny what he accomplished when called upon this past season but I am not convinced he will prove to be a long term producer at that level.

Coachnorm

I'm not ready to jump on the Harrison bandwagon. Can't deny what he accomplished when called upon this past season but I am not convinced he will prove to be a long term producer at that level.

I agree, he showed something but it was kinda like.... finally. Still not enough to really hang your hat on considering his previous body of non- performance.

cctekguy

Staff member
I look for the Browns to explore other possibilities. LT comes to mind . They haven't shown that they are willing to feature Harrison but I think they are still high on Davis.

Injuries always throw doubt into future plans so they won't be comfortable depending on Davis either.

Don't bet the farm on Harrison but he could be a decent late rounder.

Watch what transpires in the off season. That will be your clue.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I look for the Browns to explore other possibilities. LT comes to mind . They haven't shown that they are willing to feature Harrison but I think they are still high on Davis.

Injuries always throw doubt into future plans so they won't be comfortable depending on Davis either.

Agree with this one. I think the Browns will take long, hard looks at some grissled vets hitting the ww in the not so distant future. I like Harrison's upside IF the Browns fit the offense to his skill set. But that means adaptation from a schema which isn't any Hoodie disciple's strong suit.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

Chester Taylor?? Everyone forgets this guy...but he is an FA this year...and would be a huge grab for Cleveland.

Mr. Hack

Local MMA Guru
I'd like to see more of Davis, honestly. Over the past couple of years, my love for the Browns have risen (poor timing since the Bengals had a decent season for once). I still rock the Spielman Browns jersey :)

Coachnorm

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns may give a first-round tender offer to impending free-agent RB Jerome Harrison.

Browns WR/Kick Returner Joshua Cribbs
were far apart in contract talks not so long ago. Cribbs was a highly talented and highly underpaid player and many speculated that he would be moving on as contract talks dragged on. Those who were drooling at the idea of adding Cribbs to their favorite teams roster may have to change their wish list a bit. It sounds now that The Browns are close to completely reworking Cribbs remaining 3 year contract and keeping Cribbs around. Holmgren/Hecket effect?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I'd like to see more of Davis, honestly. Over the past couple of years, my love for the Browns have risen (poor timing since the Bengals had a decent season for once). I still rock the Spielman Browns jersey :)

Id like to see more of Davis too. Honestly, when the season started, I thought Davis would eventually take over for Lewis as the starter.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Keep in mind that James Davis is the reason C.J. Spiller didn't become a household name until this past season. He's got the raw ability to at least give the Browns the option to NOT go and sign a pricey FA RB or draft one early.