Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno appears at OTAs

Coachnorm

Moreno (knee) participated in organized team activities on Monday, the Denver Post reports. Moreno tore his ACL in November, but appears to have made great strides in his recovery given his participation. He still appears destined for a diminished role with Willis McGahee ahead of him on the depth chart and draft pick Ronnie Hillman being selected in the third round.

Escrow

Appearing on ESPN 32 Friday, Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post characterized Knowshon Moreno as a player "fighting for a roster spot" at Broncos OTAs.

Moreno's scholarship in Denver expired when Josh McDaniels was kicked out of town, and he'll now have to fight off Mario Fannin and Lance Ball just to be third string. Moreno underwent surgery to repair his right ACL on December 1. While he is participating in OTAs on a limited basis, Moreno can't afford to lose any burst. We wouldn't be surprised to see Moreno traded before the season.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
When the world all goes one way......it's always a good and cheap bet to go the other......me, I'm stashing Moreno late in leagues this year. McGahee and a 3rd rd rookie.....if that is your 3rd string, you have a chance to rise up and with his receiving skills, I think Manning may be able to find a way to use him....IF he can stay on the field. There is also the chance he gets moved and a fresh start may do him well too.

Nice long shot sleeper IMO.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
When the world all goes one way......it's always a good and cheap bet to go the other......me, I'm stashing Moreno late in leagues this year. McGahee and a 3rd rd rookie.....if that is your 3rd string, you have a chance to rise up and with his receiving skills, I think Manning may be able to find a way to use him....IF he can stay on the field. There is also the chance he gets moved and a fresh start may do him well too.

Nice long shot sleeper IMO.
Didn't Denver sign or trade for Goodson from Carolina? If so, there is your #2, not Knowshon...just saying...

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Didn't Denver sign or trade for Goodson from Carolina? If so, there is your #2, not Knowshon...just saying...

Oakland got him. And I agree with Miller, in that for the cost Knowshon's worth holding just in case situations change.

Arctic Dawgs

(Rotoworld) According to the Denver Post, the "expectation" at Broncos headquarters is that third-round pick Ronnie Hillman will be an immediate contributor in Denver's offense.
Analysis: The 67th overall pick, Hillman reportedly impressed as a pass catcher in OTA workouts, and it sounds like he's already No. 2 on the projected depth chart, behind Willis McGahee. While we weren't smitten with Hillman's game coming out of San Diego State, he could be headed for a significant role in what will be a much more pass-heavy offense. McGahee doesn't play in the passing game, and the Broncos soured on Knowshon Moreno long ago.

Hmmm..... Never caught that before. Hillman just went up more with Manning there