Broncos QB Jay Cutler On The Block?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i would just about pee myself if we could get cutler on the vikings. yeah he is a whiny son of a gun, but that kid is a real starting QB and probably immediately the best QB we have on our team during my lifetime. add him to the roster with AD and that line and defense and you have the immediate NFC favorite. what is that worth by way of draft picks? im going to go ahead and say, pretty much whatever it takes. 1st and a 3rd? where do i sign?

Runnik's Hambones

1st and 3rd is what the Bucs had on the table for him during the 3 way deal. Seriously you're right DB. I'd sign the dotted line in a heart beat. I also feel the same way you do. Cutler to the Bucs would as well be the best QB our team has had in my lifetime as well.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
The big problem with the trade theory is the lack of any decent or even serviceable quarterback to obtain in return. Rosenrosen, Tavaris Jackson, McCown, Griese all leave much to be desired considering Doogie was hunting for Cassell.

And the FA market has Byron Leftwich who, while he did beat the Skins for the Stillers, hasn't proven in a loooooong time to be anything better than a marginal starter in the NFL.

So I only see this talk of trades as something to write about and nothing with true legs unless McDaniels is a complete and utter mouthbreather.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I've read on both Yahoo and Foxsports that Cutler has been whiny since his OC left for USC. Apprently he requested a trade when the OC left.

Runnik's Hambones

Yeah I read that myself Nikki. Once the OC left he demanded a trade, however more recent reports all say that Cutler is denying he ever demanded a trade, whatsoever.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Has anyone wondered if Cassel just might be a better QB to run the offense that McDaniel is putting in place?
Do you think that there is a chance that the hours, days, weeks, and seasons of training and experience that McDaniel has put into Cassel would have served the Broncos better instead of trying to drill all of that into Cutlers apparent thick scull in one offseason?
If I'm McDaniel, I don't apologize to Cutler. I stomp on his ego ...with both feet.
Come clean about the trade talks and tell the media that no player is untradable. How about "As the one in charge of player personnel, I'm obligated to look at any options to improve this teams chances of winning a championship."
No way a head coach should ever have to apologize to a player for rumored trade talks. It's business. Period.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ctvPzDMfp0"]YouTube - Matt Cassel 2008 Tribute[/ame]

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Has anyone wondered if Cassel just might be a better QB to run the offense that McDaniel is putting in place?
Do you think that there is a chance that the hours, days, weeks, and seasons of training and experience that McDaniel has put into Cassel would have served the Broncos better instead of trying to drill all of that into Cutlers apparent thick scull in one offseason?
If I'm McDaniel, I don't apologize to Cutler. I stomp on his ego ...with both feet.
Come clean about the trade talks and tell the media that no player is untradable. How about "As the one in charge of player personnel, I'm obligated to look at any options to improve this teams chances of winning a championship."
No way a head coach should ever have to apologize to a player for rumored trade talks. It's business. Period.

im not positive that cassel is just a better qb, but you may well be right, and i agree 100% with the sentiment of this entire post. well said.

dukdown

Banned
Cutler and a 3rd for Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers is the rumor. Also rumors that the Browns are shopping around Braylon Edwards.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Cutler and a 3rd for Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers is the rumor. Also rumors that the Browns are shopping around Braylon Edwards.
:wow:
What are the Browns going to do on offense? IF and obviously these are only rumors, but IF they deal Edwards away ....who the hell will they throw to????

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Cutler's name could be involved in talks with Brown's in regards to Brady Quinn.

You know what is both funny and sad at the same time about this? After my drive home listening to sports radio I let my wife (a self described Bronco fan) know that Cutler was on the trade block. Her response, no shite, "Well was it for that cute guy in Cleveland?" :D

Then after laughing I thought, "Whoh, she may be onto something." Quinn was taken by a Belichek diciple and currently plays for a Belicheck diciple. Donkos need defensive tackle and maybe top tier wide receiver in addition to quarterback. A trade of Cutler for a combo of either could make sense.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
This is directly lifted from Dan Patrick's site:

Jay Cutler lost Hastings' respect when he claimed his arm is stronger than John Elway's. This was just a stupid thing to say because Elway is a legend in Denver so saying something like that just angers the fanbase. He calls Cutler an "arrogant little punk" and should wake up to the reality that he's the QB of an NFL football team and should act like a leader. He also referred to Cutler as a "little bitch."

Holy crap that is awesome!!! I don't know who this Hastings guy is but wow, calling the hometown quarterback a little bitch takes some mountainous onions.