Broncos QB Jay Cutler On The Block?

Coachnorm

There was speculation out there that both the Lions and the Bucs offered the Pats a first round pick for QB Matt Cassel. Both teams then supposedly were going to flip Cassel to the Broncos in exchange for Jay Cutler. Cassel to The Chiefs has really put an end to this, but Cutler is POed.

Runnik's Hambones

I read an article about Cutler this morning. You're right, he's extremely pissed off. At this point, all coach McDaniels can do is deny deny deny.

Bayton

I read that it was practically a done deal as far as the Broncos agreeing to it, but it was Bellichek that nixed the deal. Apparently he didn't want to reunite Cassel with J McDaniels. Seems a volatile situation to say the least. The only way McDaniels comes out on top is if whoever is their QB plays well, otherwise it will be his fault. I think he should do himself a favor and trade him to the Bucs. It will be quick, like taking a Band-aid off. Just do it.

Runnik's Hambones

LOL, I'm so with you on that one. Just go ahead, give Cutler to Tampa. Who would run their team if not Cutler or Cassel? Do we see Denver grabbing a QB at all in the draft? That is, if Cutler's out?

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I'm wondering what the fallout will be. Does Denver have to try and trade Cutler now? Can Denver and Cutler move on from this?

Mike

Administrator
Denver appears to be successfully flushing their franchise down the toilet this offseason. There is absolutely no way the Broncos can smooth this over.

Mike

Administrator
Landing a franchise quarterback is extremely tough to do. You generally have to be bad enough to pick in the top 5 of the draft, and then pray you don't land a bust. There are exceptions, but not often.

To have a franchise quarterback, and screw it up just because you want the backup QB from your former team, not a good start to a head coaching career.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Anyone watching Sportcenter?

Cutler is pissed McDaniel has been trying to call him and talk to him and Cutler will not take his calls.

Runnik's Hambones

I'm with you Nikki. I'd be totally pissed. It would take me a day or two finally talk to him again. If not I'd say something crazy without thinking first.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Personally, I think Cutler should tell Denver to shove it.

here is a guy who started some games as a rookie, hit a wall....which by the way was diabetes...that their doctor's staff never caught.

He comes back and has an incredible year....

and all they do is try to kick him to the curb?

Screw-em.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Doogie McDaniels just learned a valuable lesson; if you can't be sneaky you need to stay above board with your franchise quarterback. McDaniels obviously has "his guys" in mind. But how in the world can you not bend your preferences toward a Pro-Bowl 25 year old who can throw the ball a mile is beyond me.

elrocko

Well . . . . it's quite good to see that this growing trend of stupidity isn't relegated strictly to the Tampa Bay area . . . .