Broncos owner Pat Bowlen has had enough, Cutler to be traded before draft

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
"You're fired."

Apparently convinced that their rift with Jay Cutler is irreconcilable, the Broncos have decided to pursue a trade for their disgruntled quarterback before the April 25 draft.
In a stunning turn of events, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen released a statement at 9 p.m. ET Tuesday saying both he and coach Josh McDaniels had been unable to get Cutler to call them back over the last 10 days.
Bowlen said he spoke with Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, on Tuesday and came away convinced "that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos."
Therefore, Bowlen said, "We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded."

Wow. This could end very, very badly....more to follow

RLLD

Problem now is that everyone knows the rift and circumstance, they wont get nearly what they could have.

I am thinking some leading candidate teams will be Minny, Carolina and Washington.

JMHO

Runnik's Hambones

Please God, Tampa! Seriously, give them like 1st round this year and a 2nd round next year and a gift basket and throw in a car or something.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Problem now is that everyone knows the rift and circumstance, they wont get nearly what they could have.

I am thinking some leading candidate teams will be Minny, Carolina and Washington.

JMHO

The bidding war for his services will more than make up for any perceived loss of leverage. Donkos will clean up on a trade if they are smart.

Remote Controller

Denver should easily get market value for him, even slightly above. The interest in him will swell beyond current interest when teams realize this is really gonna happen.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Some interesting details coming out. There is a rumor that the Donkos are looking at trading up to get Sanchez (USC). If true that opens up multiple possibilities and would not require a team to give up a qb in return for Cutler. Simms already has Doogie's confidence and could be the guy who keeps the seat warm for up to two years until the new face of the franchise is ready to play ball.

The more I think about Sanchez in Denver the more it makes sense. We should be looking in the top ten teams in the draft and on teams with multiple solid defensive players.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Will the Broncos get value for Cutler? Even with all the teams bidding for him, everyone knows that he wants to leave and the Broncos have to move him. He won't play there again, IMO.

Remote Controller

-- Cutler Shocked; Had Planned to Attend April Mini-Camp --
Wed Apr 1, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Denver Post reports QB Jay Cutler had heard about Broncos owner Pat Bowlen's statement Tuesday regarding the fact that Denver will do their best to trade him, but said by text message, "I'm not talking about it." A source close to Cutler said the quarterback was surprised by Bowlen's declaration. In recent days, Cutler had packed up his car in Nashville and had it shipped to Denver, where he intended to show up for the team's first minicamp April 17-19. The source added that Cutler said he has not received phone calls from the Broncos since he received a text from McDaniels a week ago Tuesday. Whatever the interpretation, Bowlen decided to exercise his ownership powers and end all confusion. He's the boss, and he says the team will trade Cutler.
:headscratch:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing

The Denver Post reports QB Jay Cutler had heard about Broncos owner Pat Bowlen's statement Tuesday regarding the fact that Denver will do their best to trade him, but said by text message, "I'm not talking about it." A source close to Cutler said the quarterback was surprised by Bowlen's declaration. In recent days, Cutler had packed up his car in Nashville and had it shipped to Denver, where he intended to show up for the team's first minicamp April 17-19. The source added that Cutler said he has not received phone calls from the Broncos since he received a text from McDaniels a week ago Tuesday. Whatever the interpretation, Bowlen decided to exercise his ownership powers and end all confusion. He's the boss, and he says the team will trade Cutler.

Where's the "bullshit" smilie when we need it?

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Will the Broncos get value for Cutler? Even with all the teams bidding for him, everyone knows that he wants to leave and the Broncos have to move him. He won't play there again, IMO.
If a team want's Cutler and knows that several other teams want Cutler, how in the heck do they plan on "low-balling" an offer to the Bronco's?
If anything, I think this anouncement will "increase" the trade value and teams know that he "will" be traded and may want to grab Cutler before a division rival snatches him up. (CHI vs. DET vs. MIN).
I think this turns into a bidding war ... and the price will end up sky high.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle

Wait, ... wasn't Cutler the one who requested a trade?
... and now he's "surprised"?
What a jack-ass.

I hope the Jets get him.

Mike

Administrator
I simply love what Cutler is doing here. The team went behind his back, and he is making them pay dearly for this.

It is true that players have to expect to be traded at any time, but when something like this happens between head coach and quarterback, there is simply no way that the quarterback can remain on the team as long as the coach is there.

If the coach doesn't have faith in you as a quarterback, you are not going to succeed. It can easily be a career ending combination if you stick around. Cutler had to get out, and the only way to ensure that was going to happen was to act like a complete jackass.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
...and the only way to ensure that was going to happen was to act like a complete jackass.

2762282799_909d0398b9.jpg

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
I simply love what Cutler is doing here. The team went behind his back, and he is making them pay dearly for this.

It is true that players have to expect to be traded at any time, but when something like this happens between head coach and quarterback, there is simply no way that the quarterback can remain on the team as long as the coach is there.

If the coach doesn't have faith in you as a quarterback, you are not going to succeed. It can easily be a career ending combination if you stick around. Cutler had to get out, and the only way to ensure that was going to happen was to act like a complete jackass.
Yeah, he's probably not nearly the jackass that he's made himself out to be. It was all staged so he could get out of DEN and play for a contender like the NYJ, SF ... or DET. :biglaugh:

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Wasn't Chris Simms playing well for TB as thier starter before the spleen injury?
I could see him as the next Matt Cassel. Heck, he was probably drafted higher... and he has more experiance than Cassel had when he started last season.
DEN should use the soon to be aquired draft picks on players other than QB.