Brian Dawkins goes west, signs with Denver

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
This is a very sad day for Eagles fans.

Brian Dawkins was a once in a generation player like Reggie White and I had always expected him to end his career as a Philadelphia Eagle.

I stayed up listening to Philly sports radio last night as everyone called in and said goodbye to the heart and soul of the defense for the last 13 years. This is a devastating blow whether Dawkins has much left in the tank or not.

Coachnorm

Brian Dawkins was a once in a generation player like Reggie White and I had always expected him to end his career as a Philadelphia Eagle.

I stayed up listening to Philly sports radio last night as everyone called in and said goodbye to the heart and soul of the defense for the last 13 years. This is a devastating blow whether Dawkins has much left in the tank or not.

Similar to the shocks felt by Bucs fans when Brooks was let go. I feel for you and Eagles fans.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

:nod:

We once again see the Philly M.O.

Don't overpay for aging vets who aren't performing as they used to. I hate to see Dawkins go. One of my all time favorite Eagles. I also wonder who will take over at FS now...as Considine is going FA as well, and Mickell is a SS.

Fairwell Mr. Dawkins....may you enjoy your Rocky Mountain High...

Anyone remember Steve Atwater? and that hit on "The Nigerian Nightmare". A tribute to Dawkins to mention this HIT!

Guess I can't post videos.

Anyway, it was a great hit. I highly recommend it. you can find it on the world wide web search steve atwater on video places.

not on topic enough. Dawkins to Denver brings order to the outfield. Just like Atwater did. Price is too high to make sense in the long term if they plan on not finding his replacement very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
:nod:

We once again see the Philly M.O.

Don't overpay for aging vets who aren't performing as they used to. I hate to see Dawkins go. One of my all time favorite Eagles. I also wonder who will take over at FS now...as Considine is going FA as well, and Mickell is a SS.

Fairwell Mr. Dawkins....may you enjoy your Rocky Mountain High...
I'm not trying to post too much here at SO. The quoted post is a good one and I wanted to say so.

Dawkins is an aging vet and in no way can the Eagles afford to be 'loyal'. The over payment would be for around the third year of a new deal, right, Phi?

He'll get some nails driven in Denver. Agree with that

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Dawkins apparently cut an interview with Philly's Comcast Sportsnet short after only 2 minutes. Dawkins was overcome with emotion and couldn't finish the interview...

This is still pretty devastating to me. I wish I knew more about what happened and how he came to be a Bronco. I keep hoping that some miracle will happen and he gets traded back to the Eagles.

Here's a tribute video - all footage was from this 2008 season. Dawkins still had it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-EekXOZC4"]YouTube - The Official Brian Dawkins Farewell Philadelphia Tribute[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: