• Height - 6'6"
  • Weight - 260
  • 40 Time - 4.80
2008 Stats:
  • 42 Rec
  • 472 Yards
Draft Projection - Top 15

NFL Impact
Brandon Pettigrew is without a doubt the most talented Tight End prospect the league has seen in years. He's tall and thick, but has the soft hands of a slim and quick receiver. He has a huge reach but the most impressive thing about Pettigrew is his ability to run block. He is nothing more than an extension of the O-line when he's lined up tight. Pettigrew only played 10 games last season, missing 3 due to an ankle injury and when combined with the fact that he was hardly in the playbook considering the success of Cowboys QB Zac Robinson and WR Dez Bryant, Brandon's 2008 stats don't do his abilities justice. He can be a dangerous asset in the NFL as both a blocker and a receiver. However, with the good comes the bad, and when talking about Pettigrew, there is definitely some bad. In January of 2008 he was charged with felony assault and battery of an officer. His off the field issues are really his only downfall. Whatever pro-team makes the gamble here, there are a few things that Pettigrew will still need to work on. Like stated, he can catch any ball thrown his direction and the guy is as physical a player as you'll find, but he still runs just a 4.8 40 (That's tied for 2nd slowest out of the top 10 TEs this year). Because of his lack of speed, he will have to work on his route running to make sure he can compensate as best he can. The only other criticisms found concerning Pettigrew is his ability to hang on the ball. Sometimes he makes unnecessary contact which can lead to him fumbling. With that said, whatever team Pettigrew does land on, they will be getting the whole package at TE.

So where do you think Pettigrew will land? How successful will he be in the NFL?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWke-myLQw]YouTube - TE Brandon Pettigrew Highlights Oklahoma State 2008[/ame]

I would love to see Detroit get him at #20 after drafting an O-lineman at #1. Probably won't happen but I can't remember the last time Detroit had a legitimate TE threat.

Runnik's Hambones

Good point Chris, I can't either. That would be an excellent combination for that team. Now that Detroit doesn't have Roy Williams, Pettigrew would be a nice threat going out. Also, with an OL and a TE that can block as well they can, Detroit would clearly be building around Kevin Smith, which seems like a great strategy.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Pettigrew is a heck of a blocker and has nice hands. I don't think with average at best speed he is going to put up fantastic receiving numbers; but I see him in the Heath Miller mold; great blocker, decent receiver, and good red zone target.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
TE's have historically been the biggest pain in arse for Longhorn defenses. Ive seen some great college TE's face Texas. Chase Coffman, Martellus Bennett, Jeremy Stevens, just to name a few. Pettigrew impresses me the most of the ones Ive seen the last 10 years. I think he will be a solid TE both on draft day and in the fantasy world.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Pettigrew's strength may start to become a question mark as he only managed 22 reps on the bench press at the combine. For comparison, Travis Beckum of Wisconsin managed 28.