Brandon Marshall gets arrested, again

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
To Quote a famous movie line for Mr. Marshall: "Stupid is, as stupid does!"

RLLD

Money don't fix stupid and physical ability does not automatically indicate mental ability; another gleaming example.....

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Looks like it's not a big deal after all. The NFL will probably still be looking into the situation, however.

A charge of disorderly conduct filed against Brandon Marshall has been dropped and his case dismissed.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
He had a clause in his last "timeout" stating he could get hammered if he has any further brushes with the law. I would consider getting arrested a brush with the law even if charges were dropped. He continues to place himself in situations where he could get in trouble. Given the commish's past dealings and the no bs stance Doogie McDaniels has taken thusfar in his head coaching career it would be more of a shock if Baby TO doesn't get fined, benched, or suspended.

Marshall owners should be making alternative plans for at a minimum week one if not longer.

dukdown

Banned
I'll be very surprised if Marshall is suspended at all. The Player's Union I think would have a very strong case to back Marshall when no charges were brought against him and everything was immediately dismissed. Commisioner will probably remind him to not put himself in these types of situations.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
The speed in which the charges were dismissed is a huge plus for Marshall. The NFL is still going to conduct an investigation, but I'm with Duk on this one, I doubt anything comes of this.

efactor

Coming at you
True....however he still could get clipped by the commish for suspension.

I don't think so. Bail was $300.00 which tells me it wasn't very serious to begin with. Charges immediately dropped and case dismissed. Slap on the wrist coming up from the commish. I just don't see how even the all powerful Roger can penalize for this............

110/1500/12 for Brandon this year..............

:xpopcorn:

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Take it for what it's worth but the local Bronco writers are speculating minimum 4 games suspension. He's also in the final year of his rookie year raising questions as to why Marshall hasn't been locked up long term. Answer; every off season the front office has to wonder what is next with this guy.

efactor

Coming at you
Take it for what it's worth but the local Bronco writers are speculating minimum 4 games suspension.

I don't think it's worth much. Writers need something this time of year to write (speculate) about. No baseball of importance yet, the Nuggetts (yuch) and the NFL draft is still a couple months away. Of course they are going to stretch this out as long as they can. I don't recall ever seeing that they get an audience with Goodell to advise him on these type of situations. Bottom line is that the charges were dropped immediately and while Goodell is a very powerful man, the players union has attorney's working for them too.

That said, Brandon should probably take an anger management course and start hanging out with a more stable crowd............

efactor

Coming at you
Go peddle this snake oil elsewhere, e. :rolllaugh:

Well, he was 6 catches and 150 yards away from the first two goals and that despite missing a game to suspension and coming off the hand injury. Assuming he doesn't get suspended, those two numbers are very reachable. Doubling the TDs to 12 isn't a stretch IMO. With his size and strength, he should get more chip shot TDs this year.

Now, if Cutler goes away, these numbers will be tough to attain. But don't think that will happen.

No snake oil. Kid's good. Real good............:cool:

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Kid's good. Real good............:cool:

So's Michael Vick but he doesn't score me any points anymore.

When BM's suspended he's a liability, not an asset. So you have to add them up (liabilities and assets), to get his true value. Sure, his potential is there for scoring, but it appears just as equally his potential is there to be absent from being on the field at any time. This must be considered before deciding if he will be a good pick for our teams at SO.

Last edited by a moderator: