Bradshaw and Indy working on deal

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
:nonoblue: As a new Ballard owner, this not make me happy......

Good pick up for the Colts if it happens.

jjtweeks

:nonoblue: As a new Ballard owner, this not make me happy......

Good pick up for the Colts if it happens.

same here Miller. Was wondering when someone would show interest in Bradshaw becasue he is a good RB but I suppose his injuries are more worriesome than I thought. As a new Ballard owner myself this is a little disheartening after the coach earlier endorsing him as the lead guy. But recent news shows that the deal with Bradshaw is stalled and that he may be asking for too much money which leads me to believe that Ballard is still in line as the lead guy. I think it's more they don't have any faith in Donald Brown if Ballard doesn't live up to expectations.

efactor

Coming at you
Assuming Bradshaw is healthy, this deal makes too much sense for both sides to get hung up over money. Bradshaw would flourish in that offense and if he needs to take a little less money for a year to show teams he can still play, he needs to do it.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Colts have the cap space to sign him, so I agree money is not an issue. I think pairing him with a Ballard would be a solid add for indy, and help take pressure off Luck. Plus I got bradshaw for a steal in Hired Guns....so I would be tickled if he ended up there and did well :koolaid:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
As I was afraid of, talks have stalled per NFL.com reports. But they are not dead. My guess is he wants too much money, but they think he may come around. Fact is, alot of teams have fixed issues in the draft.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If he wants to play and not wait for an injury to do so.....this is his opportuntiy.

There are simply not many opportuntites for carries at the moment after the draft.

I just hope he digs his heels in and a deal does not get done ;)

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
If he wants to play and not wait for an injury to do so.....this is his opportuntiy.

There are simply not many opportuntites for carries at the moment after the draft.

I just hope he digs his heels in and a deal does not get done ;)

Oh it's going to get done. :D

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Lol I know you're scared everyone in Shula should be. ;)
Sorry dear, Bradshaw could land in Indy and it wouldn't scare me...just **** me off that I would still be hunting another keeper....but hell, my 4 could beat your 5 ;)

nicholete

Done deal. Bradshaw signs a one year deal with the colts.

I know person whos happy about this deal.

This girl!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Smart for him....good move for Indy. Likely still a time share with Ballard. Now will need to prove he's healthy and on the field for them.

efactor

Coming at you
I don't have him in any leagues, but I wish I did. I don't see a timeshare at all in Indy. If Bradshaw is healthy (and I assume Indy checked him out), he will be the main guy getting 65/70 percent of the touches. One of the best pass blocking RBs in the NFL as well and a much better runner than Ballard based on what I saw last year. Great signing by Indy.

1400 total yards and 10 TDs.

Really......................

nicholete

I don't have him in any leagues, but I wish I did. I don't see a timeshare at all in Indy. If Bradshaw is healthy (and I assume Indy checked him out), he will be the main guy getting 65/70 percent of the touches. One of the best pass blocking RBs in the NFL as well and a much better runner than Ballard based on what I saw last year. Great signing by Indy.

1400 total yards and 10 TDs.

Really......................

You can have him for a first round pick! ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sorry, I think that is way too optimistic. First off, he has to stay healthy. Second, best way to do that is to limit his carries. He will be heavily involved, but in a league where true workhorse backs are rare hes not one. 200 carries is around where I see him landing. He'll get right at the 1000 yd mark and get 4-6 td's. As long as hes healthy. He will also add value receiving.

Good rb2 with some risk.