Boldin to the NINERS!

efactor

Coming at you
For a 6th rounder................:cool:

I was actually thinking they should make a run for him after hearing that the Ravens were probably going to release him. Just what they needed. Guy who can go get the ball and a great blocker too.

I could see Jim making the call to John:

"Hey Bro, if you're gonna cut him, how about trading him to me cheap?"

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Wow what a great deal for the 9ers. They're trying to keep pace with Seattle perhaps? No doubt he'll improve that team. Congrats "E."

efactor

Coming at you
I don't think it had anything to do with Harvin going to Seattle. They needed a physical receiver like Boldin and he was available cheap. Great move. Now they put Jenkins in the slot and along with Davis and Crabby, pretty nice group of receivers.

Now they can focus their draft around the D line and secondary. Will be fun to watch the wheeling and dealing with all the picks they have...............

jjtweeks

Great move by Niners. Ravens are crazy. Bolding was such a clutch player last season,especially towards the end and in the playoffs. He played a huge role in the Ravens Championship. Dude bailed out Flacco a number of times.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why pay your QB 20 mil a yr, then dump him weapons? Bad move by the Ravens IMo.

Great move by 49ers. They get a nice compliment to crab and he seems to fit this team well.

Are the ravens trying to make a run at one of the fa wrs?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I sure haven't heard about it if they are Miller. Yeah it's such a good deal for the 9ers that in fantasy someone might holler collusion.:biggrin:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
For a 6th rounder??? As a Steelers honk, I LOVE this deal. If I was a Ravens guy, I'd be smashing something right about now. Not because I lost Boldin, since they have a number of guys to pay and they just tragically overspent on their QB. Because Boldin had arguably the 2nd best 2012 postseason behind his QB, and one got way too much money and one got dealt for peanuts. I can't believe with all those picks the Niners have, the Ravens couldn'tve at least got a 5 or even a 4 since it's so late in the round.

Additionally, they don't exactly have depth at that position. Jacoby Jones had some jaw-dropping moments as a returner, but he's not a #2 wr.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:wow: Niners just got that much better.....my goodness. Kaepernick must be thrilled

RLLD

Unfortunate, but it would be pointless to lament the move. Boldin gets his $$, and will be playing for a Super Bowl contender. Baltimore gets some cap relief and a pick. They very well could have lost him and had nothing to show for it, so I am happy they at least got something.

Important loss for Flacco, who has no place to whine about it given the richness of his contract.