Bills Reported to Trade Pro Bowl LT Peters to the Eagles

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'd be stunned if you guys don't take a CB or Safety, or one of each within the first 3 rounds. Maybe not the first since this is a very deep draft for secondary help.

Honestly, out of your 4 secondary positions, you only have 1 legitimate NFL starter. Nice group of nickel and backup types, but it could use an influx.
I agree in part. I do think S will be addressed early. But I think they will at some point take a Cb...but probably later. Will depend on how deep the draft is. Brown and Samuel are solid starters...but they need better depth.

On the Peters deal.. What a fantastic get. He's obviously a much better player than you would've had available at OT in the draft. His story is pretty interesting in that not only was he a big blocking TE at Arkansas during the Matt Jones era, but I don't even believe he was drafted at all. Quite a testament to his desire and work ethic if you ask me.

So if you come out of next weekend with Peters, Bolden, and some mid-round developmental young guys (in the secondary for example, LOL), you've pretty much won this year's draft. Not to mention set yourselves up well at key positions for the next several years.
:thumbsup:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
To clarify a bit, I don't have anything at all against Brown or Mikell as NFL players. I just view them as guys who you're always going to be looking to upgrade from. Brown is a top-notch nickel type guy in my view. trust me, I've seen his type for years in Pittsburgh's defensive backfield. Serviceable indeed, but not lynchpins. Mikell is a fine player when complementing an elite counterpart, which he no longer has with the departure of Dawkins.
What I'm saying is, assuming the other 1st rounder is dealt for Bolden.. use the remaining picks to take 1 or 2 developmental secondary guys with the hope of hittng a homerun with someone.
I hardly believe Arizona would turn down the 1st and 3rd from this year, plus maybe a 4th from next year for Bolden, assuming Philly wants to ante up that many picks.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
To clarify a bit, I don't have anything at all against Brown or Mikell as NFL players. I just view them as guys who you're always going to be looking to upgrade from. Brown is a top-notch nickel type guy in my view. trust me, I've seen his type for years in Pittsburgh's defensive backfield. Serviceable indeed, but not lynchpins. Mikell is a fine player when complementing an elite counterpart, which he no longer has with the departure of Dawkins.
What I'm saying is, assuming the other 1st rounder is dealt for Bolden.. use the remaining picks to take 1 or 2 developmental secondary guys with the hope of hittng a homerun with someone.
I hardly believe Arizona would turn down the 1st and 3rd from this year, plus maybe a 4th from next year for Bolden, assuming Philly wants to ante up that many picks.
Good points. Good questions.

Main issues in my eyes for Philly was OT, which they have now addressed through FA and trade.
RB, which should be addressed in the draft.
Then Def. Backfield and DE. So yes, if they deal a first and third for Boldin, I would assume Rb in 2nd, and fill in for rest.