Bills Reported to Trade Pro Bowl LT Peters to the Eagles

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
awfully cheap price for an all pro left tackle. two second day picks? there are going to be a trio of teams that use top ten picks just HOPING to get someone good like peters to anchor their line.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
awfully cheap price for an all pro left tackle. two second day picks? there are going to be a trio of teams that use top ten picks just HOPING to get someone good like peters to anchor their line.
They get two 2nd day picks in addition to the 28th pick overall. So it's a first plus the 2 later picks. Still nto a bad deal for Philly.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
oh wow, ok. i didnt see there was a first round pick in there somehow. that makes a whole lot more sense to me then. :)

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
interesting that the pick they trade, #28, is the one from carolina that they gave up last year where the panthers took OT jeff otah.

Coachnorm

The Eagles had needs at both OTs this offseason. After signing OT Stacey Andrews to a six year deal and now Jason Peters they seem to have filled that void. Now they can address other needs.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
You can probably lock Oher into Buffalo's earliest pick if he's there.

Interesting to see if they grab a Knowshon Moreno or Donald Brown with that 28th pick.

On a personal note, I believe Philly was looking seriously at Arizona OT Eben Britton with their 2nd first rounder. Now I'm praying hard he makes it 4 picks farther down to Pittsburgh.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
:pickle::pickle::pickle:

jasonpeters.jpg

I'm 100% behind this move. I can't wait to see Jason Peters fortifying our left tackle position for many years to come. He's a legitimate Pro-Bowler at the position and I'm very excited to have him.

Now we need to trade the other 1st round pick and something else to acquire Anquan Boldin. Spend a 2nd rounder on a RB or a TE... then our offense will be looking very nice indeed.

ExperiencedRookie

Now we need to trade the other 1st round pick and something else to acquire Anquan Boldin. Spend a 2nd rounder on a RB or a TE... then our offense will be looking very nice indeed.

Your offense could be pretty disgusting with all those moves.

Your secondary however....

Coachnorm

The Philadelphia Eagles announced OT Jason Peters has signed a six-year contract with the team that will keep him with the Eagles through 2014.

That was fast.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Your secondary however....

I'm not sure our secondary is as bad as you think.

Our starting CBs are Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown. We have Joselio Hanson and Jack Ikegwuonu as our nickel / #4 CBs, plus whoever we draft.

Our safeties are Mikell and Demps with Sean Jones as a backup.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm not sure our secondary is as bad as you think.
Our starting CBs are Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown. We have Joselio Hanson and Jack Ikegwuonu as our nickel / #4 CBs, plus whoever we draft.
Our safeties are Mikell and Demps with Sean Jones as a backup.

I'd be stunned if you guys don't take a CB or Safety, or one of each within the first 3 rounds. Maybe not the first since this is a very deep draft for secondary help.

Honestly, out of your 4 secondary positions, you only have 1 legitimate NFL starter. Nice group of nickel and backup types, but it could use an influx.

On the Peters deal.. What a fantastic get. He's obviously a much better player than you would've had available at OT in the draft. His story is pretty interesting in that not only was he a big blocking TE at Arkansas during the Matt Jones era, but I don't even believe he was drafted at all. Quite a testament to his desire and work ethic if you ask me.

So if you come out of next weekend with Peters, Bolden, and some mid-round developmental young guys (in the secondary for example, LOL), you've pretty much won this year's draft. Not to mention set yourselves up well at key positions for the next several years.

Runnik's Hambones

You can probably lock Oher into Buffalo's earliest pick if he's there.

A more interesting question I'd have, is what happens to Aaron Maybin? He was the projected pick for the Bills. If they now need a LT, and go Oher, where does Maybin fall?

Yet another question, other than "is Philly going Moreno or Wells now?" would be do you think they'll even have that 1st round pick? Deal it to Zona for Boldin? Or would that pick be too valuable.

Good conversation above between Wes and Birdman. I find myself torn. Yes, I think they're secondary needs a tad bit of work, but I would argue that Philly needs a pass rush more. I'd love to see a good DE/OLB picked by the Eagles with their remaining 1st rounder, assuming they dont trade it away that is.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
If they're presented with the opportunity to deal that pick and others for Bolden, it should be a no-brainer.
How often can a team leave the draft with an established #1 pro-bowl wideout and a young franchise pro bowl LT (which is arguably the most valuable commodity in the NFL besides QB)?
Plus that keeps Anquan away from the Giants who are also sniffing around the situation.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Honestly, out of your 4 secondary positions, you only have 1 legitimate NFL starter. Nice group of nickel and backup types, but it could use an influx.

I'm confused by this - Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel are not legitimate NFL starters? They are both very good CBs. Granted our #3 and #4 corner spots are less impressive, but those starting two are more than capable.

Also Quintin Mikell is a Pro-Bowl caliber Strong Safety. Even if you have no faith in Demps or Jones at the FS spot I don't see how you can ignore a talent like Mikell or say he's not a "legitimate NFL starter".

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:pickle::pickle::pickle:

jasonpeters.jpg

I'm 100% behind this move. I can't wait to see Jason Peters fortifying our left tackle position for many years to come. He's a legitimate Pro-Bowler at the position and I'm very excited to have him.

:thrash:
:wow:
Love this deal. They have now fixed the two major issues on the O-line. They also can still resign RT if they want later.

If they don't deal away the other first rounder, then look for Moreno if there in first, if not Pettigrew. If they do deal other first rounder for Boldin...which I hope they do.....then I agree, 2nd round will be Rb. Hopefully the kid from Pittsburgh is still there.