Bills RB Marshawn Lynch To Get 3 Game Suspension

Coachnorm

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has suspended Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch for the first three games of the 2009 season for violating the league's personal conduct policy, according to sources.

This is course still subject to an appeal. But the hammer has dropped.

mills

Reading into this, what should we expect from Brandon Marshall, suspension wise?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Reading into this, what should we expect from Brandon Marshall, suspension wise?

That is a real hard call at this point. A lot of sources I have read don't think it will be a big suspension for Marshall. But he has already had one. I think 2-3 games but the the guesses range from 1 - 4 or 5.

While the charges were dropped Marshall is probably going to still be viewed as a repeat offender.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
That is a real hard call at this point. A lot of sources I have read don't think it will be a big suspension for Marshall. But he has already had one. I think 2-3 games but the the guesses range from 1 - 4 or 5.

While the charges were dropped Marshall is probably going to still be viewed as a repeat offender.
He got a 3 game suspension last year, that he got knocked down to one game by appealing. However, since this is a second offense...I am thinking 4 games or so.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah, I don't see this getting knocked down. And for Marshall, 4-6 games is my guess.

Fred Jackson becomes a must if you lock in on Lynch this year or have him in keeper/dynasty leagues.

Runnik's Hambones

Holy smokes. What did Marshall do again?

On March 1, 2009 he was arrested in Atlanta on charges of disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiance. He was released on $300 bond, and the charges were dropped the next day, however we all assume that the NFL will still discipline him for his repeated violations of the NFL's personal-conduct policy.

Phicinfan

Administrator
yeah, I don't see this getting knocked down. And for Marshall, 4-6 games is my guess.

Fred Jackson becomes a must if you lock in on Lynch this year or have him in keeper/dynasty leagues.
Just a heads up here. Jackson was an RFA, and has not signed any contract and is holding out. I think talks heat up now that Lynch got suspended...but buyer beware here as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Fred must be paid. In the land of 2RB systems, Jackson is a pretty good one.
OH, I think he will be now. They have NO choice as the rb core is very weak behind Jackson. I think deep down, they were hoping for a lesser offense from the NFL, so they held the leverage.

I also would not be surprised to see Buffalo grab a RB early.....so they can dump Lynch if he continues down this path.

Escrow

Jackson is still no value in fantasy land....Lynch misses 3 games....no bye week implications.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Best case scenario would be an appeal to maybe drop it down to 2 games, but after Marshall's repeat performance, I would expect the appeal process to be used more judiciously in the future.
And yes, I concur that Buffalo will almost definitely select a RB somewhere in the middle rounds, solely due to this episode.
There appears to be a "lack of institutional control" syndrome brewing in Orchard Park. Thank god they brought in a stabilizing force and a sterling role model through free agency.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Ive always liked Foster. If they can get him on the cheap with Lynch and Jackson, theyd be pretty set.