big trade

brtdud7

i traded: steve smith (CAR) and my 6th round pick (#71)
i got: kevin kolb, vernon davis, and his 13th round pick

i basically traded a 6th round pick for kevin kolb and vernon davis. smith was going to be a lost keeper anyway.

as of now my keeper roster:

kolb, gore, benson, jennings, boldin, vernon.

i need to get down to 5 so ill probably try to trade jennings and boldin for a top WR or like boldin and benson/jennings for a top RB. or, i do have the #2 overall pick, so maybe i could cut one and hope i get him at #2 or just take ryan mathews. or mayeb i could trade benson for the #1 overall, then get mathews and dez bryant

who do you think i could target at WR for jennings/boldin or a benson + jennings/boldin trade at RB?

JackG1980

I think Jennings is in for a big year. I wouldnt trade him. I would try to target AJ, Calvin Johnson or Desean Jackson.

brtdud7

bumping for help

any thoughts on value i could get for benson+jennings/boldin for a RB or jennings+boldin for a better WR?

another guy just offered me felix jones and his 1.9 pick for anquan boldin. also could some guy accept gore, jennings, and bolsin for AP and andre? he only has 4 set keepers

cctekguy

Staff member
I would think you could get D-Jax for Jennings and Benson, but why?

Jennings is in line for a good year as is Benson.

I'd lean more towards trying to team Davis with Bolden and shoot for a more modest WR/RB.

Good TEs should be plentiful in this year's draft and I think Jennings is a better keeper than Bolden.

brtdud7

yeah, im trying to get rid of boldin and benson too just because hes getting older. im really high on jennings.

the reason is because i have 6 keepers and need to get down to 5. id like to keep vernon.

i have this current trade offer (felix + 1.9 for boldin) that i am thinking about. also, an owner has AP and Andre, so i wonder if i could do gore, jennings, and boldin for AP and Andre or even benson and my 2 WR for AP and andre.

or should i try to get a top QB rather than kolb

cctekguy

Staff member
I think you're dreaming on the deals for AP & AJ.

Felix + a first rounder for Boldin sounds like a winner but still leaves you looking to dump a guy.

I wouldn't scared to ride Kolb this year.

You could do the Felix deal and then shop Benson for another draft pick. Not sure you could get better than a 3rd rounder, though but it beats throwing him away.

brtdud7

damn it... i have malcolm floyd on my roster too. during this whole VJax Situation.

if i did the felix for boldin trade, then it all depends on if he starts or not. benson could be expendable for me (since id have felix, benon, and gore)

edit: in my other dynasty startup league, i hope drafting megatron over every other WR not named andre was a smart idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

brtdud7

quick update:

in dynasty startup, currently my pick, 3.14. also have 4.1 and 4.12. image is who's gone (i have calvin and MJD). aiming for a QB like cutler or matt ryan, and then alex smith as his backup

im torn as to who to take. sidney rice is still here, but there's also lesean mccoy and felix jones.

some guy offered me pick 4.8 and 5.3 for 4.1 and 5.14. i guess if i did this deal, i could take a RB with 3.14 and either rice, harvin, or a TE at pick 4.8

hell yeah. perfect size

Last edited by a moderator:

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Jonathon Stewart is someone that might be available at 4.08, I don't see him on the list though. I might just be looking over him.

brtdud7

jstew is gone. crossed off (tier 4). went at pick 3.6. really pissed me off, i thought he'd fall to me at 3.14

ill probably take mccoy since hes the for sure starter and then do the trade of picks

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Ok, didn't see that. Go with LeSean at 3.14. There are sleeper WRs in the later rounds. It is a lot tougher with 14 teams.

brtdud7

Ok, didn't see that. Go with LeSean at 3.14. There are sleeper WRs in the later rounds. It is a lot tougher with 14 teams.

done. just wanted to make sure people thought it was better than rice or felix

i think ill do the trade of picks (4.1 and 5.14 for 4.8 and 5.3) too and take a WR or TE

thanks

brtdud7

alright hombres. forte and pierre thomas are gone and its my pick (4.5)

question is... looking at the board, should i try to trade down again a few spots (maybe 2-3)? could maybe get felix jones if i can trade down a few picks, or is there a WR i should get?

currently have MJD, mccoy, and calvin, to refresh memory.