Bengals sign Green-Ellis

Coachnorm

I like the Law Firm good enough but you really don't have a feel for how he would do as a full workload guy by watching him with the Pats.

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
I like the Law Firm good enough but you really don't have a feel for how he would do as a full workload guy by watching him with the Pats.

I don't think the Bengals will ask him to do that. The talk is that they're going to get Bernard Scott more involved.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not sure I like this move much myself. Would have rather seen them pair a rookie with Scott and go from there. Law Firm doesn't do much to excite me.....but maybe it will work out OK.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Not sure I like this move much myself. Would have rather seen them pair a rookie with Scott and go from there. Law Firm doesn't do much to excite me.....but maybe it will work out OK.

At least they made a move for a decent RB. I was thinking they'd sign Benson and his 2.8 ypc again.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, law firm is a young Benson. Its rinse and repeat here. Key difference? Law firm keeps the ball in his hand.

As for Scott, they have been saying "getting him more involved" since he has been there. Never happens.

I think this tells me they are targeting a Rb in the draft, either the later first rounder or in the 2nd round.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
At least they made a move for a decent RB. I was thinking they'd sign Benson and his 2.8 ypc again.
man, you should really take a second and look at some stats before you start typing next time.....

2012 ypc:
Benson 3.9
Law Firm 3.7

So where is this decent RB you speak of???

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You dont think James is better?

No idea if James is better or not, he's going to have to get into the league and prove himself. I don't think its a slam dunk, that's for sure. he's a 3-5 rd prospect for a reason.

gizzil

if i have the gist right - Miller thinks this isn't much of an upgrade over Benson... and i agree

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
man, you should really take a second and look at some stats before you start typing next time.....

2012 ypc:
Benson 3.9
Law Firm 3.7

So where is this decent RB you speak of???
If Law firm was used even 50% of what Benson was, he would have different numbers. The key here is Tds in red zone, and NO fumbles. It is a gain here.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If Law firm was used even 50% of what Benson was, he would have different numbers. The key here is Tds in red zone, and NO fumbles. It is a gain here.
guess we'll see, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon just yet. I see a sub 4.0 ypc who puts them no better off then they were a year ago at the position.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
BJGE is better in pass pro and as stated earlier, is pretty much the ultimate ball security guy. They made the playoffs last year with Ced, so it's mostly a moot point.
I've loved Scott since he came out of ACU, but for whatever reason they've been reluctant to hand him much responsibility. Maybe that changes now, but I still project them to look at a 3rd'ish round speedy pass-catcher guy like Pead (perfect fit). What they need worse to complete this offense is a speedy outside guy to complement A.J. with Shipley returning and Gresham working underneath.
Coming full circle, Michael Bush would've been a much better solution. Then they could've continued screwing Oakland.