Axe Elf Helps You Win Your MFL 10 League

A

Axe Elf

Maybe you should just say that you would enjoy it if I was wrong, then.

Good luck with that.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Well, our 10er is wrapping up and I have to admit... I like my team a lot more than yours AE. Any thoughts?

A

Axe Elf

A stunning admission on your part. Everyone likes their team right after they draft it. That's why you get so many "Rate My Team" posturbation threads at this time of the year. You won't like your team so much after Rashard Mendenhall gets hurt, James Stewart gets well, and opposing defenses expose the Marrone/Hackett rushing scheme for the steaming pile that it is. That leaves you what, Morris and Jacquizz Rodgers to cover two RB slots and a flex? Maybe you'll have some weeks where you can roll out four of your five WRs--but you better hope it's often!

Let's compare:

QBs:
Axe: Tony Romo, Carson Palmer, Brandon Weeden
German: Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler

Advantage: Axe - Yardage will be key at 1 pt per 20 yards. I'll have at least one 300 yard game per week.

RBs:
Axe: Adrian Peterson, DeMarco Murray, Giovani Bernard, Danny Woodhead, Denard Robinson
German: CJ Spiller, Alfred Morris, Rashard Mendenhall, DeAngelo Williams, Jacquizz Rodgers

Advantage: Axe - the top RB in the league and at least three PPR beasts to support him. Morris and Mendenhall aren't PPR-friendly.

WRs:
Axe: Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne, DeSean Jackson, Justin Blackmon, Greg Little, Jeremy Kerley
German: Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Lance Moore, Golden Tate, Andre Roberts

Advantage: Axe - Bowe should be good for you, but I have four teams' WR1s; you have one.

TEs:
Axe: Greg Olsen, Antonio Gates
German: Vernon Davis, Brandon Pettigrew, Zach Ertz

Advantage: Push. Not sure why you thought you needed Ertz behind Davis and Pettigrew, but there it is. Olsen and Gates should again be PPR beasts, and Gates gets a little red zone bump from Danario's absence. Davis will cover you most weeks though.

Ks: Doesn't matter, but I do have the distance guy (Walsh) and a nice offense behind Succop. You have Hauschka and Tucker.

Ds: You have a slight edge here with Houston and Denver, at least on paper, before the season starts. I like my Cardinals, with Mathieu and Peterson plus Abraham now, and a D to be named later.

I guess you have one last flier to claim too--who's it gonna be?

Class dismissed.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Haha awesome response. Honestly, I give your team the advantage in exactly zero categories! But only time will tell, I'm just glad I was able to participate in this one with you so we can comeback at the end of the season and see who's boss.

FYI... took Ertz because Pettigrew and VD share a bye. Didn't wanna leave any points out there. You shoulda seen that.

Got Rivers queued up as my next pick so I'm good at QB.

A

Axe Elf

Yeah that one point that Ertz will get you totally blows zero points away!

And having Rivers is totally at odds with the concept of being good at QB.