AP Top 25

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
IMO....Oregon @ Boise St will be great to watch....unless that blue field makes ya puck.:eek

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Nebraska i think should be higher than #24. And what do they know about Notre Dame that i haven't heard ? Probably alot but still. I cna't believe they are in the top 25. It looks like last year. Top 25 beginning of season and even after losing several games they stick around. Kinda shows , that the 25 isn't nothing more than a popularity contest. How can they even come up with the 25 when nobody has played a game. Why don't they wait to put out a 25 til after the 3rd week when teams have played and can actually be judged how they will be. They might look good on paper but put them on the field and they flop.

You don't know anything about Notre Dame. They are easily a top 25 team and will finish in the top 10 b/c of a easy schedule and 17 returning starters.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
But if your team sucked before, do you really WANT any starters returning? Like that dirtbag Clausen kid..

LOL

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
You don't know anything about Notre Dame. They are easily a top 25 team and will finish in the top 10 b/c of a easy schedule and 17 returning starters.

Time will tell all. Your definitly underestimating that schedule. And overrestimating ND.

But if your team sucked before, do you really WANT any starters returning? Like that dirtbag Clausen kid..

LOL

Ha Ha now thats funny ...but on a sad note, so true.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Most people will puke when they see the Oregon uniforms.

Which ones...there is alot of different combinations they can go with

[edit] Uniforms

Oregon's jerseys went through a major remake in 2006.The University of Oregon football team is known for their unique uniform style in recent years, occasionally to the criticism of alumni and football purists,[89] though they have been often praised by football recruits.[90] The new schemes are designed by the nearby Nike Corporation, who have the outfitting rights for the Ducks.[91]

The football team used nine different football combinations in the 2005 season, but introduced even more combinations in the 2006 season.[92] The new uniforms in 2006 provided 384 possible different combinations of jerseys, pants, helmets, socks, and shoes. A metallic-yellow colored helmet with silver flames debuted in the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl increased the possible combinations to 512.[93] These uniforms were more technologically advanced than other uniforms, 28% lighter when dry, 34% lighter when wet, and greater durability with reinforcing diamond plating patterns at the joints.[91] The Ducks wore the previously announced white helmets for the first time on October 20, 2007 in Seattle, when they played the Washington Huskies.[94] In 2008, during the Arizona-Oregon game, they wore new, all black uniforms nicknamed "lights out", but instead of the typical metal diamond plated shoulder pads, the new uniforms had a wing pattern.[95][96]

On June 23, 2009, Nike unveiled a new uniform design based on the "lights out" design from the previous season featuring the "wings" pattern on the shoulder pads as well as a more simplified uniform design, while retaining the number font style of "Bellotti Bold" and the colors of green, black, white, yellow, and grey.

The thing is that I have never been one to talk shit regarding Notre Dame. Am I a fan? Absolutely. However I am a realist. Really the fact that I am this confident should strike fear into those who are about to be putting their fists in their mouths and their lips on my ass.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
OK....let's try to explain this....

4 BCS Bowls....8 Teams....
6 Bids already taken by BCS Conferences....

That leaves 2 bids left. Damn good chance a team from the Mountain West (i.e. Utah or TCU) or Western Athletic (Boise St.) will go undefeated. Then there's always the chance of another BCS School getting the last bid.

Example: Texas goes undefeated and Oklahoma has one loss. Maybe ND does by chance make it with only one loss. But yet Oklahoma played a tougher schedule. Who do you think the computers are gonna take?

Now I know "Schedule of Strength" has been taken out as a factor, but IMO that's horses**t. These computer rankings are fed by people...and there are people who do listen to all these CFB experts (some I call morons, but that's another story). There are ways to tinker with these computers to get the SOS factored in. And after last years fiasco with Utah, the BCS will be treading lightly.

Last night, I talked to a friend who I have known for 20+ years now and has been a diehard ND Fan since the 1960's. I brought up the question to him about ND going to a BCS Bowl this year. I haven't seen him laugh so hard in years. His prediction....7 wins.

Your loyalty to ND as a fan in not in question. Hell, I admire fans who stick with their team even through the rough years (i.e. myself as a Washington Huskies Fan).

IMHO, this is not the year ND will make a BCS Bowl.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Especially when the only easier target in the pantheon of sports fandom than a ND fan is a Bengal fan..

eep.