Anyone starting Mike Bell??

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Any Outlaws have the stones to go with Mike Bell this week if Thomas does not go? If yes, who you starting him over?

cctekguy

Staff member
What a pointed question...

I see lots of folks picking him up, but yet to see anyone starting him.

Coachnorm

I'm going against 1 team that currently has him in the starting line up.

Ah, this is very interesting to me, C.C.

Who are they benching to stick him in. I suspect Bell will get a lot of starts in leagues that allow you to flex a 3rd RB into the lineup.

Most of use try and draft a couple of starting RBs. Now while Caddy and Mike Bell have been popular late flyers and WW pickups will you actually have the stones to bench a Larry Johnson or a Jamal Lewis in a traditional start 2 RBs lineup?

So is this a start 3 RB situation for your rival this week, CC?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I am said Outlaw with said stones. Gambling week 1 is normally a no-no for me but this gamble seems sound. He was a solid back before getting the boot for Denver and now all reports are he's had a fantastic camp.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I am said Outlaw with said stones. Gambling week 1 is normally a no-no for me but this gamble seems sound. He was a solid back before getting the boot for Denver and now all reports are he's had a fantastic camp.
Who are you benching?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I picked him up just in case Thomas is long-term. But I had Benson on my bench, so I'm starting him instead of Bell.

Ah, this is very interesting to me, C.C.

Who are they benching to stick him in. I suspect Bell will get a lot of starts in leagues that allow you to flex a 3rd RB into the lineup.

Most of use try and draft a couple of starting RBs. Now while Caddy and Mike Bell have been popular late flyers and WW pickups will you actually have the stones to bench a Larry Johnson or a Jamal Lewis in a traditional start 2 RBs lineup?

So is this a start 3 RB situation for your rival this week, CC?

Hydrocarbons/mudloggerone has currently bumped Bell ahead of McFaddie/Parker/Hightower. His other starting RB is Kevin Smith.

It being week 1 and not sure just how the carries/opportunities are falling out in Oakland and Parker facing what should be a tough Ten D I would agree it is a bold move but not necessarily a bad one.

Of course I would like to believe my Lions will be able to put a cap on Bell's production it should make for an interesting match up - the relatively unproven Bell against the totally unproven revamped Det D.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Alas it is true, tonight for whom the Belle tolls has been benched in favour of Parker. Not that I think any less of Bell but rather Parker is on TV tonight.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Me too Techie and thanks for the lineup help. My uncle shaved an hour off of the four hour drive. I need more life insurance if I continue riding with him. Burgers and bratz hitting the grill right now.

Arctic Dawgs

email from Fanball

Sep 09, 2009 12:02 PM CDT
Thomas likely out for Sunday
The News
Saints beat writer Jeff Duncan reports via Twitter that he would rule running back Pierre Thomas "out" for Sunday's game against the Lions.
Our View
The official word will come later today, but Thomas did not dress for practice and has been dealing with a sprained MCL. With all signs pointing to him being out, Reggie Bush and Mike Bell will likely split the carries against a miserable Lions run defense. Both should be employed in starting lineups for Week 1.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Well Parker did play last night but he was a far cry from actually participating in the contest. He ran like an old man.