Any of you get to see any pro players play in high school

jjtweeks

Did any of you guys get to go to high school with or watch any pro players play any high school ball.
I was born and raised in Pensacola and my sister was a cheerleader at Escambia high school. I use to go to the games with some of the neighborhood kids and watch this RB get like 100,200, and sometimes 300 yards a game. This guy was Emmitt Smith. My mom worked with his dad at Armstrong and I never really understood at the time how great he was. I was 10 at the time and was a hard core little Dolphin, Marino fan. this was about the same year marino threw for 48 td's and over 5000 yards. We moved to Marlyland during his senior year at Escambia. My sister later went to U of F as well so i became a big Gator fan for college football from then on.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I have watched and played with OL that played for Detroit.

Before I got to high school, OT Keith Dorney played at our highschool. Emmaus, PA.
I went to school with and played with Joe Millinichik who played OT for Detroit for a while as well.

In college, played pickup football games with Chris Carter and Keith Byars. Byars killed me on one play....I was tackling him....ouch.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
My nephew, who is working nights with me on the rig now, was on the high school team with Booger McFarland an all pro with Tampa. He also was on the team with a guy that won 2 gold medals in the summer olympics. The fighting Wildcats of Winnsboro are no more as school consolidation has changed us to the Franklin Parish Patriots.

Escrow

I am from NJ and I went to see Neptune vs Matawan(my grandfather used to go to all the games for Neptune) and I saw Moreno, he was a beast in High School

bobbeaux

my junior year of high school (berwick), i got to see rb dalton hilliard (patterson hs) drag many of our players all over the field . . . he later became a saint and i believe he still owns some of their records.

Saw Zach Randolph and Shawn Kemp play in the Indiana High School basketball tournies......Kemp was unbelievable before he got fat and knocked up about 15 baby mamas.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I forgot about an all pro that I played against way back when. Actually I never got into the game as an 8th grader but I was on the bench watching. Sammy White who went on to the Vikes played for Richwood High School in Monroe, La. We played them the second year after intergration. Richwood was ranked #1 in the state and my Wildcats were not in the top ten. The half time score in that game was 20-20. We were on the road and holding our own against the best team in the state. I regret to say that in the second half they started throwing the ball to Sammy and we didn't have a player that could even think about keeping up with him. The final score and I kid you not was 108-20. Richwood outscored my team by 88 points in the second half. White was born in my home town but was moved to Monroe before high school. We could have used his talents at home, lol.

Arctic Dawgs

Watched Bridgeman for a couple seasons when he played Junior for the Clippers. At the same time Barry Pederson (Bruins) played on the same team as me. Was in Junior High. Never went to High School

jjtweeks

Great stories guys. I would have loved to see Kemp play basketball in high school. I don't follow basketball a great deal but i loved watching payton and kemp play together in the NBA

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
I have seen quite a few:

Jonathan Stewart - saw him play many times. He was setting records as a freshman in high school, so was hyped very early.
Mark Bruener - Was unstopable. Played DE and TE.
Mike Sellars - was a beast RB/LB in HS. Grades kept him from choosing any college. Saw him get in a fight with future MLBer Travis Lee in a HS hoops game.
Reggie Williams - It took an NFL paycheck and cocaine to finally cover Reggie.
Jake Locker - Led his team to state title.
Marcus Trufant - Was a star RB who led his team to the state title game
Amon Gordon and Teyo Johnson - grouping them together because they were teammates who lost in the state title game to my alma mater
Lyle Overbay - MLB player, but I played against him in football. He was their best player in three sports.
Travis Lee and Jared Sandberg - former MLBers and HS teammates, also classmates with me
Jason Terry - NBA star who led his HS team to back to back state titles
Jamal Crawford - NBA star who led team to state title
Brandon Roy - former NBA star
Nate Robinson - two time NBA slam dunk winner.
Terrence Williams - Went to same HS as Crawford and Robinson
Martell Webster & Spencer Hawes - two current NBA players and former high school teammates
Isaiah Thomas - NBA rookie and starting PG of the Sacramento Kings. Set single game scoring record in state title game.
Mark Hendrickson - Led his team to two state hoops titles. Played in the NBA before becoming a MLB pitcher

I am sure I am leaving out a few, especially NBA players as I have attended quite a few state tourneys.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I watched Karl Malone and Calvin/Kenny Natt play high school basketball. College ball I've seen all of the LSU players that made the NBA since '75.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Saw Zach Randolph and Shawn Kemp play in the Indiana High School basketball tournies......Kemp was unbelievable before he got fat and knocked up about 15 baby mamas.

He's back in shape. He and 76ers C Spencer Hawes worked out together last summer. Kemp owns a Seattle restaurant and is the new radio color guy for the Seattle University basketball games. His son Shawn Jr. is a freshman at Washington and has had some monster dunks like his dad.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Played against Kyle Eaton. Was a monster OT at Class 2A Rogers, TX HS. Went on to start 3 years at LT for Oklahoma State. From what I gather he did go to a NFL camp but never caught on. Weird.