Another Gruden as a HC?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So John Gruden has started to state he is getting ready for another run at HC, not sure if it is all his choice, as ESPN is really cutting on talent.

Still, if this is happening, where do we think the next opening will be?

NFC -
East - don't see any changes here
North - Bears - Fox has to be on his last legs, Lions - same here
South - Saints? - there has been rumors that there could be a change...for Chucky?
West - with new HCs in San Fran and Rams, don't see any move here

AFC-
East - to me just Jets...but I think they are safe for now
North - Bengals? - How long can Marvin hang in, if they don't make the finals or win a playoff game? Harbaugh in Baltimore - just don't feel it.
South - Colts feel like a shot, not sure how secure HC in Houston is.
West - Not really seeing it.

So...my gut says...Bears would be the lead. Saints would be very, very fun with Chucky

KillerFins

Staff member
NFC
East
DAL - I'll state the obvious disclaimer here... barring a total meltdown Garrett is safe. SO every team listed below, if I say they are safe it's with that caveat.
NYG - Fairly safe, but here seems to be very high expectations for the G-men, and making a move after only 2 years is unlikely.
PHI - Pederson seems to have them on the right track, making a move after only 2 years is unlikely.
WAS - Gruden has had some success, and got that awkward extension. Plus I'm sure there is no way John would come in if they fired Jay.

North

CHI - Year 3 under Fox, and it looks to be another rough year. I too think this might be a likely landing spot.
DET - Lions had good luck last year and made the playoffs, but no extension for Caldwell says volumes.
GB - McCarthy isn't going anywhere.
MIN - Popeye seems to have them headed in the right direction.

South

ATL - So close to a SB, he's not going anywhere.
CAR - Wouldn't be surprise if another off year costs Rivera his job, esp with an offensive "Guru" waiting in the wings
NO - Brees might be out this year, so that might mark a rebuilding time for the Saints.
TB - I don't see a move happening

West

ARZ - Interesting scenario of Arians continues to have health issues
LAR - No
SEA - No
SF - No

AFC
East
BUF - No
MIA - No
NE - No
NYJ - Bowles might have dug his own grave by finding success too early

North

BAL - No
CIN - Interesting situation with Lewis, he could not be retained unless they experience PS success
CLE - No
PIT - No

South

HOU - I doubt it... with a young QB I think that with the succes without a QB will buy him time
IND - I don't think so.. really depends on if Luck is healthy
JAX - No
TEN - Maybe, I could see a scenario where the Titans don't make the playoffs and they make a chance.

West

DEN - No
KC - No, especially after this offseason
LAC - No
OAK - No