Am I crazy? Favre over Rivers

gomez70

I know I am probably overthinking this but could Favre possibly be a better play than Rivers this week. I could see some cheap points from screen passes to AP and the Ravens D is nasty. Just looking for someone to talk me off the ledge.

wisfinfan05

I never like QBs against bad teams. They will try and control the clock (run the ball) and keep feeding "AP" all day. Prediction 210 yards 1 TD 0 INTs. Rivers will be locked up in a tight one and I think they will have problems running the ball. Start Rivers (he will have more oppurtunities to put up points) and like chris said, dont think twice about it.

gomez70

thanks for the advice

Thanks, new to the site but not new to fantasy football. This is the first year I am not splitting a team with someone. Needed a slap to bring me back to reality.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Favre is not a 300 yard a game QB anymore. His task is to go 14/21 for 150 yards and the occasional TD. He is to simply keep the defense on its heels and manage the game while AP and Chester Taylor chew up the opposition.

Rivers faces a tough Ravens defense, but likely will be leaning more on a passing attack to Darren Sproles this week. Rivers is the play.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
I have the same situation in one of my leagues. And I'm going to start Favre. I see that he can have a good day and that rivers may struggle with good Balt d (as he did last year against Miami, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta. We'll see. Sometimes you just gotta do it. :worried3::worried3:

fantaoc69

Rivers all the way. As others have noted Favre's game will be the AP & CT show. Last week I inserted Favre in my lineup in place of Flacco at the last minute. BIG mistake! Won't do that again.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Rivers. Not only does Rivers have a more established connection with his O-line, but he also has WRs that he's spent more than a few weeks with, like V. Jackson etc.

Farve is still to green in the purple.

Darkewind

Rivers. Not only does Rivers have a more established connection with his O-line, but he also has WRs that he's spent more than a few weeks with, like V. Jackson etc.

Farve is still to green in the purple.

I am starting Rivers myself. That being said, there are 2 members of the Chargers O line out. Just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device