Alex Smith unlikely to be released

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Alex Smith unlikely to be released per the 9ers front office. Chiefs seem to be the most interested in adding Smith.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Rumor has it that Alex could be had for a 4th. The Chiefs are not wanting to go QB with their #1 in this draft. I dare say with confidence that Smith would be an improvement over the QB's they've trotted out the last couple of seasons.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Makes Flynn the obvious target to trade after. Seattle could be sitting pretty if they feel like dealing

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I haven't heard A.Smith requesting or demanding to be traded, i would be, who wants to be a backup to the QB that unseated you not me.

He could easily improve a team in need of QB help like the Chiefs, Jets, Cardinals etc......

I dont see Smith in SF in 2013

cctekguy

Staff member
Maybe the guy is smart enough to see the advantages in carrying a clipboard for millions per year.

Maybe he has his ego in check and is thinking about his health and his family.

A move to the Jets, Chiefs or Cardinals might improve his payday but it will end his career with continued failure.

Maybe he would be happier to be a successful back-up.

efactor

Coming at you
He asked for his release, but SF thinks they can get something for him. He wants to go somewhere where he can start. Focker should have enough money saved to live 6 lifetimes (seems like he would be smart with his money anyway) so doubt extending his career by being a back up is front of mind.

While my opinion of Smith is low, he would be a significant upgrade for KC or Arizona.

gizzil

Maybe he enjoys being able to think somewhat clearly and enjoy his mental faculties, mud... a trip to AZ certainly ends all of that

Arctic Dawgs

Makes Flynn the obvious target to trade after. Seattle could be sitting pretty if they feel like dealing

I'm hopin the Hawks keep him.

(KFFL) Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said he is in favor of keeping QB Matt Flynn instead of looking to trade him this offseason. "To have a caliber of second quarterback like Matt, you can't get better than that," Carroll said. "That's a great deal for us. And so we're very solidly in favor of keeping that together if we could."

efactor

Coming at you
I'm hopin the Hawks keep him.

That's coach speak trying to get someone interested. I guarantee you they trade him if ANY offer comes in.

Harbaugh was doing the same thing when he said they would like to keep Smith. At 8 million? No way.................

deuce4321

Driller
I haven't heard A.Smith requesting or demanding to be traded, i would be, who wants to be a backup to the QB that unseated you not me.

He could easily improve a team in need of QB help like the Chiefs, Jets, Cardinals etc......

I dont see Smith in SF in 2013

How many years did he suck after being the #1 overall. He has one and a half years of mediocre game management qb skills. I wouldn't want to trade for him For the jets. If I was sf I would keep him in the qb2 role. He owes it to the organization.

Arctic Dawgs

Ya, but aren't the niners in the same position as Sea in that the starter is so cheap that they are actually spending less on the position as most teams

efactor

Coming at you
Still, it too much for a back up QB. Money spent better in other areas, and they will want to extend Kaepernick if he plays well in 2013.

I see your point, but just think they don't want to pay that much for a back up.