5th Keeper spot ??? B. Edwards, Lynch, T. Gonzales???

piazzapick

PPR 12 Team Keeper league. Must keep 5. Protected picks due by TODAY!!!

This league will redraft the entire roster next year as a new keeper league or a dynasty league.

Right now keeping:

Gore
Cal Johnson
K. Smith
Brandon Marshall

One spot left

Do you keep Braylon Edwards, Tony Gonzales, or Mar. Lynch? (Not really thrilled with keeping Brandon M either)

Keep in mind I don't have a 1st or 4th round pick. I do have 2 second rnd picks.

You can start 1-3RB and 2-4WR. Most people start 3-4 WRs. I have done 4-5 mock drafts for this league. The good receivers clear out very quickly and there is good depth at RB in the first several rounds. By the time 2.01 and 2.05 get around to me Both Gonzo and Braylon will be gone. The next best WRs would be Berrian, Ward, S. Moss, L Moore at 2.01-2.05. The best RBs around there might be Rice, Wells, or Brown. There is a chance Warner or LJ fall but not super likely.

I have been doing most mock drafts with either Gonzo or Braylon as the 5th spot. Keeping Gonzo allows me to go best available for those first two picks. Keeping Braylon means maybe a TE (Daniels, Olsen) at 2.05 or wait until 3.08 for a Carlson or Z Miller.

Any advise on the 5th spot would be great! Any thoughts on a draft strategy for 2.01, 2.05, and 3.08 would be great. With no 4th rounder I am thinking D or QB with 5.05 or 6.08

If I can't lock up Warner what are your thoughts on the next available QB's Schaub or Cutler? And... would you wait to get Palmer, T Edwards, Cassel if I passed on Schaub or Cutler? Maybe even look lower to Hasselbeck and Rosenfels for the QB slots and get better depth in the earlier rounds.

Thanks!

KP

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Since it's a keeper league, I'd be inclined to keep Lynch and start him in your flex spot after his 3 game pop. He's young and catches a good amount of passes out of the backfield, and keep in mind that last year he was a solid 1st rounder, and wouldn't be any worse than a mid-late 2nd rounder this year if not for the suspension.

Catch Freaks

I would keep Lynch because he's still a solid running back when he comes back. Now that they have a threat at WR in T.O. it'll open up some more space for him to run the ball once he comes back from his suspension.