2nd Place for SO in IBL

Remote Controller

The checking of the stats, counting wins, and tapping on tables to see if your players scored enough to give not only you, but 11 other owners, the necessary number of points to win just one more game . . . is done. Spouses wondering if you're ever going to come unglued from the computer screen, concerned over the random names that you call out in your sleep.
The long haul that started last July with eight drafts over five weeks, in a 96-team extravanganza that represents one of the best collections of fantasy minds on the net, has come to its conclusion, a Super Bowl of sorts, 6 weeks before our real counterpart.

Your 2010 IBL Champion is . . . FFToday! Holding off a charging Sports Outlaw, who took the lead for one week (and outscored everyone in the playoffs), FFT claimed its crown on the back of an exceptional regular season, in which they came from deep in the pack early in the season to overtake the defending champion FFLivewire, who slid to a disappointing 5th this year. It was a reversal of fortunes for two well-acquainted boards, a mirror of 2008, when FFT made a late charge that fell just short. This marks the closest finish that I have seen in my 4 years in this league.

Both FFToday and Sports Outlaw performed under their playoff norm. Adjusted for one less game per team, the scoring averages, these two boards have averaged 72.2 and 74.6, respectively through 3 weeks of the playoffs. In the final week, they scored 64 and 66 respectively. Certainly not a fireworks display. No, that number came from Football Guys, who took the week with 76.5 points, to climb into fourth place. Huddle had a good showing, holding onto third place, the first time in this playoffs that has happened.

Guru held firmly to 6th place, the one spot that was not in question coming into the final week of the playoffs. Sharks turned the tables on their rookie counterparts, and overtook Cafe with their best week of the playoffs, reclaiming the Rookie of the Year status for their board.

Thank you all for a great season and great competition!

FFToday..........887 (64)
S Outlaw.........879.25 (66)
Huddle...........798.5 (63)
FB Guys..........793 (76.5)
FF Livewire......763.5 (46.5)
FF Guru..........717.5 (36)
F Sharks.........644 (66)
FF Cafe..........627.75 (32)

I will post individual standings on the IBL Forum, for all those interested. Thanks again to all who participated. I'm really hoping that you all join again next year . . . and make this even better.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone for sticking with it, and working it to the end. Three years in the IBL and SO is the ultimate force with one first and two seconds. Everyone have a nice few months off then come back with your pads on!

Remote Controller

Final Standings - Individual
The final week was really survival for those at the top of the first tier, looking for that Individual Crown. Congratulations to all who were in that conversation. It is no small thing to go through that tier without a significant beating. In a contest that had to feel as though they were limping across the finish line . . .

the 2010 IBL Individual Champion is . . . WashingtonD.Congratulations on an outstanding achievement.

I'll break these into four posts, one tier per post. This week, I will be breaking ties by overall record, which is the tiebreaker used by rule to determine overall individual champion. I will break the ties after that with points.

Tier 1:

1. WashingtonD (Hud) - 18 wins
2. Cuse (FFT) - 17 wins
3. Unpossibles (FFT) - 16 wins
4. Little Big Head (Hud) - 15 wins
5. KC Reunited (Hud) - 15 wins
6. Pictus Cat (FBG) - 14 wins
7. Gambler (Hud) - 13 wins
8. WaCougMBS (Cafe) - 12 wins
9. buck56 (FBG) - 12 wins
10. jesteva (FS) - 12 wins
11. Phicinfan (SO) - 12 wins
12. Remote Controller (SO) - 12 wins
13. nicholete (SO) - 12 wins
14. KSB2424 (FFT) - 12 wins
15. Phantom Regiment (FFT) - 11 wins
16. Suede (Guru) - 10 wins
17. Aargyle (FFLW) - 10 wins
18. Me_2010 (FFT) - 10 wins
19. Bicyle_Seat_Sniffer (FBG) - 9 wins
20. Eaglechick (SO) - 9 wins
21. RLLD (FFT) - 8 wins
22. jerryskids (FFLW) - 8 wins
23. dagame (FFLW) - 5 wins
24. Streetsmart (Guru) - 4 wins

(The above per Dan....Head Commish)

Remote Controller

A little more drama in the second tier, as three teams finished with 18 wins, with two of those teams jumping to that spot with 4 wins this week. Nice job, guys.

Tier 2:

1. Orgazmo (SO) - 18 wins
2. The Ram (SO) - 18 wins
3. devils_advocate (FFLW) - 18 wins
4. Ruffrody's (FBG) - 15 wins
5. Elijah's Ravens (FS) - 14 wins
6. Average Joes (Guru) - 14 wins
7. Runnik's Hambones (SO) - 13 wins
8. EFactor (SO) - 13 wins
9. Clash (FBG) - 12 wins
10. Skeeter (Guru) - 12 wins
11. DropkickFluties (FS) - 12 wins
12. Beermutts (SO) - 12 wins
13. bungle613 (Cafe) - 12 wins
14. Intangibles (Hud) - 11 wins
15. Radballs (FBG) - 11 wins
16. Cyguy84 (FS) - 11 wins
17. beanfigger (Guru) - 10 wins
18. MTSkiBum (FFLW) - 10 wins
19. crippler (Hud) - 10 wins
20. Gringo (FBG) - 8 wins
21. benb18a (Cafe) - 8 wins
22. rzrback (FBG) - 6 wins
23. Dagorhir (FFLW) - 4 wins
24. Lab (FS) - 4 wins

Remote Controller

I'm going to stay away from the fortune telling business. I predicted this to be the most interesting and diverse battle of the four tiers, and I could not have been more wrong. The tier was won by 3 games. Geesh.

Tier 3:

1. ThriftyRocker (Cafe) - 20 wins
2. Longest Yard (Guru) - 17 wins
3. Sarge (SO) - 16.5 wins
4. Rholio (FFLW) - 15 wins
5. Glenns Patriots (SO) - 14 wins
6. Nic Dolas (FS) - 14 wins
7. KillerFins (Guru) - 14 wins
8. Renesauz (FBG) - 14 wins
9. Ride of the Valar (FFT) - 14 wins
10. Fumbleweeds (FFT) - 13 wins
11. TheWonder (FFT) - 12 wins
12. Kitsnow (Hud) - 12 wins
13. Cinciman7 (FFLW) - 11 wins
14. Vkngvxn (Guru) - 11 wins
15. Texasmouth (FFLW) - 10 wins
16. Kilroy (FFT) - 10 wins
17. Rodg (FS) - 10 wins
18. mattb47 (Cafe) - 9 wins
19. Stewburtx8 (FFT) - 9 wins
20. Chadleyb (FS) - 8 wins
21. Lehrdude (Guru) - 8 wins
22. Cowboys 4 Life (Cafe) - 7.5 wins
23. Scorp (Hud) - 5 wins
24. Sportster (Guru) - 4 wins

Remote Controller

The biggest range was seen in the fourth tier . . . not surprising, given that some had given up, and others will still doing everything they could to help their board and their self-respect. Kudos to those who stuck it through. Tough place to be, and it shows character and mettle.

Tier 4:

1. SaucyMcFrosty (Hud) - 21 wins
2. madet0rder (Hud) - 19 wins
3. Free Bagel (Cafe) - 17 wins
4. LS2Throwed (Cafe) - 16 wins
5. Guerrilla Warfare (Cafe) - 15 wins
6. valence (FBG) - 15 wins
7. Ku's Crew (FFT) - 15 wins
8. Rock Hard (FFLW) - 15 wins
9. Duckboy (FBG) - 14 wins
10. Madness (Guru) - 14 wins
11. Indibuck (Cafe) - 13 wins
12. matsky (Hud) - 13 wins
13. Thanaburgh (Guru) - 12 wins
14. Lukin (FFLW) - 12 wins
15. Rude (FBG) - 10 wins
16. Infinity (Hud) - 9 wins
17. Abishagenaden/DanJ (FS) - 8 wins
18. Bluebeards (FS) - 8 wins
19. Chavez (FS) - 8 wins
20. Kareig (Cafe) - 7 wins
21. Slabaugh (SO) - 6 wins
22. SALTY TasTe (Hud) - 6 wins
23. aaawall91 (Cafe) - 6 wins
24. Fighting Amish (FS) - 2 wins

Remote Controller

The checking of the stats, counting wins, and tapping on tables to see if your players scored enough to give not only you, but 11 other owners, the necessary number of points to win just one more game . . . is done. Spouses wondering if you're ever going to come unglued from the computer screen, concerned over the random names that you call out in your sleep.
The long haul that started last July with eight drafts over five weeks, in a 96-team extravanganza that represents one of the best collections of fantasy minds on the net, has come to its conclusion, a Super Bowl of sorts, 6 weeks before our real counterpart.

Your 2010 IBL Champion is . . . FFToday! Holding off a charging Sports Outlaw, who took the lead for one week (and outscored everyone in the playoffs), FFT claimed its crown on the back of an exceptional regular season, in which they came from deep in the pack early in the season to overtake the defending champion FFLivewire, who slid to a disappointing 5th this year. It was a reversal of fortunes for two well-acquainted boards, a mirror of 2008, when FFT made a late charge that fell just short. This marks the closest finish that I have seen in my 4 years in this league.

Both FFToday and Sports Outlaw performed under their playoff norm. Adjusted for one less game per team, the scoring averages, these two boards have averaged 72.2 and 74.6, respectively through 3 weeks of the playoffs. In the final week, they scored 64 and 66 respectively. Certainly not a fireworks display. No, that number came from Football Guys, who took the week with 76.5 points, to climb into fourth place. Huddle had a good showing, holding onto third place, the first time in this playoffs that has happened.

Guru held firmly to 6th place, the one spot that was not in question coming into the final week of the playoffs. Sharks turned the tables on their rookie counterparts, and overtook Cafe with their best week of the playoffs, reclaiming the Rookie of the Year status for their board.

Thank you all for a great season and great competition!

FFToday..........887 (64)
S Outlaw.........879.25 (66)
Huddle...........798.5 (63)
FB Guys..........793 (76.5)
FF Livewire......763.5 (46.5)
FF Guru..........717.5 (36)
F Sharks.........644 (66)
FF Cafe..........627.75 (32)

I will post individual standings on the IBL Forum, for all those interested. Thanks again to all who participated. I'm really hoping that you all join again next year . . . and make this even better.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone for sticking with it, and working it to the end. Three years in the IBL and SO is the ultimate force with one first and two seconds. Everyone have a nice few months off then come back with your pads on!
I needed to credit Dan for this. Ijust through in the end part.

Remote Controller

Who scored the most standing points over the entire season for our team?
I'm not sure how to figure it??? I guess you'd have to back off playoff wins from the above linked standings, then re add them in at their reassigned playoff value???? That sound right.

Remote Controller

Phicin- 54 Reg + 36 playoffs = 90
RC - 53 reg + 36 playoffs = 89
Nikky - 52 Reg + 36 playoff = 88
O - 50 Reg + 36 playoff = 86 (tied for 2nd tier Champ in playoffs)
Ram - 49.5 Reg + 36 playoff= 85.5 (tied for 2nd tier Champ in playoffs)
EC - 52 Reg + 27 playoff + 79

Remote Controller

This here shows the key to winning, its a total team effort, with everyone carrying their weight. You can't win with just a few studs. Great job SO!

We had 10 teams in the top half of the total scoring!!! 10 of the top 47 to be exact!!! That's pretty damn good out of 96 teams!

efactor

Coming at you
I sucked this year, but understanding how the league works will be very beneficial in 2011 (assuming I am asked back). I definitely made a couple draft mistakes and losing Grant about 5 minutes into the season and Finley in week 4 didn't help.

I am cutting down to 3 money leagues next year in order to put more focus on IBL.

Anyway, we will smoke everyone in 2011. I mean that...............

Remote Controller

I sucked this year, but understanding how the league works will be very beneficial in 2011 (assuming I am asked back). I definitely made a couple draft mistakes and losing Grant about 5 minutes into the season and Finley in week 4 didn't help.

I am cutting down to 3 money leagues next year in order to put more focus on IBL.

Anyway, we will smoke everyone in 2011. I mean that...............
I know your draft activity will be different next year. This thing takes a season to realize everything possible. Not only do we want you back....we need you back!

editted to say: that didn't come out right. By activity I didn't mean lack of. I meant you will know how to abuse the draft next year!