2023 NFL Draft discussion thread

hikeNbike

Not thrilled with the Cowboy pick. Still think they should have taken the TE even if they wanted Kincaid, Mayer still a good TE.

This first round is taking forever, I'm almost expecting Wolf Blitzer to come out with a three liter of Mountain Dew and a map of the US.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
My gut says either here with Eagles or Chiefs someone has to deal up for Levis

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Quick assessment of last night ...
Winners:
Houston looks for real as an organization, they wanted to get both a top QB and also top Edge rusher, and they pulled it off. Great job by them.
Arizona - they got the OT they wanted, and they got an extra first rounder next year and 3rd rounder next year to do it.
Philadelphia - I have no idea if they moved to 9 for minimal cost to get Robinson or Jalen Carter, but with Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith(Reddick clone) they have addressed the D line very well.
Baltimore - Hey I count Lamar Jackson here as they locked him up for 5 years, and then went and got a flyer in Zay Jones to help the kid out.

Losers:
Detroit - I just don't get it, there was real talent and they went shopping. They easily could have gotten Gibbs later, and taken a top corner or edge rusher after moving back. and then reached at LB with Jack Campbell.
Indianapolis - I get Richardson has incredible talent, but I can't help but think they could have moved back and still got him. Since Levis is STILL there. Now, would Seattle have pulled the trigger if Richardson was there? We will never know.

3rd round to me will be fun, as there are a ton of lower tier Qbs that could eventually be solid starters and I think that is when you will see Vikings, Seahawks and Raiders make a move. But I also am curious when in the 2nd round that Levis and Hendon Hooker go

hikeNbike

Eagles feel like the biggest winners. Considering the Patriots only had one pick, they move down and still get a cb that was mocked in the top 10 I liked that.

Having a hard time putting Texans in winners or losers. They got two premium players and one being a QB in Stroud that I still feel is the second best even though there were a lot Of people seemingly down on him. Like Will Anderson too so two top tier players, but I'm worried they are still going to be bad next year. I kind of want to see the details of the deal. Are they giving up their first rounder next year which who knows but that could be a premium pick. Maybe it's the Browns pick? Or the lower of the two?

I also hate what the Lions did, and only lukewarm on Seattles two picks. Unlike with the Lions I like both players the Seahawks took but felt the cb was a little early and considering all the wrs were on the board with their second pick wondering if they considered trading down and getting another pick.

Need to think more on the Texans and Seahawks. The Eagles and Lions were the only two that I really have a strong reaction one way or the other to.