2023 Head Coach Hot seat

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think you can lock in Vrabel or Mayo here as new HC. Gut feeling here.

Phicinfan

Administrator
New England - per a few reports this could get very interesting. Evidently NE placed verbage in Mayo's contract verifying him as the replacement for Belichick if a change is made. By doing this they can skip all the interviews and such via the Rooney rule. However This should have taken place immediately with the firing of Belichick. IF the team wants someone else, or to talk to someone else(Vrabel.....;) ) then they have to rework the contract with Mayo and get that worked out first.

Stay tuned folks....

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Patriots have hired Jerod Mayo as Head Coach.

Now the youngest NFL HC at 37 years old.

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
Does Mayo tear down the whole staff? Who does he keep and who does he get rid of? I mean, there were a lot of old Patriot coaches there last year and Josh McDaniel was hoping for a reunion with Bill.

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
For the Seahawks, rumors are putting Dan Quinn at the top of the list. I don't mind him; he's done some good things since leaving for Atlanta then moving over to Dallas. I'd love to see that nasty defense come back to Seattle.

Phicinfan

Administrator
For the Seahawks, rumors are putting Dan Quinn at the top of the list. I don't mind him; he's done some good things since leaving for Atlanta then moving over to Dallas. I'd love to see that nasty defense come back to Seattle.
He is an incredible DC, not near as good HC. He will need a real OC to help him. This also explains the quotes from Dallas players about this being the last ride with him

efactor

Coming at you
Delusional Seahawk fan? 🫣

And here I was, hoping a spot opened up in HG so an active owner could join 😏

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
Hey, I've been out of it lately. I honestly think that GM John Schneider goes in a different direction. Young, offensive minded HC like Ben Johnson from the Lions with a nasty DC/Assistant HC like Mike MacDonald from the Ravens. Or vise versa.

I see what the Texans have done with DeMeco Ryans and Bobby Slowik and think, the Seahawks could do that. We have the talent, just need a QBotF. This is the draft for that kind of thing.

efactor

Coming at you
They have talent but not as much as their fan base thinks. But yeah, I think they go offensive minded head coach too. It’s a harder transition when you lose an OC than a DC so having offensive continuity is big.

Ryans has good organizational skills but will see if the offense struggles when Slowik is poached.

Phicinfan

Administrator
They have talent but not as much as their fan base thinks. But yeah, I think they go offensive minded head coach too. It’s a harder transition when you lose an OC than a DC so having offensive continuity is big.

Ryans has good organizational skills but will see if the offense struggles when Slowik is poached.
Slowik is a one year OC, I doubt he gets poached this year. Detroit OC Johnson and maybe DC from SF will probably be the first poachings. I also think Vrabel gets taken again as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Washington is being reported as having agreed to terms with Adam Peters formerly with SF, as their new GM

BAL - designated Mark Andrews for return from IR

Phicinfan

Administrator
He had to get an MRI on his knee, they may be holding him out which is ticking him off. Not sure on that though

efactor

Coming at you
Slowik is a one year OC, I doubt he gets poached this year. Detroit OC Johnson and maybe DC from SF will probably be the first poachings. I also think Vrabel gets taken again as well.
Not sure that matters. Slowik part of the Shanahan coaching tree. If I was an owner, I would rather take the chance on hiring a young, offensive genius coach than an older, defensive coach like Wilks. Johnson is a slam dunk to get one of the available jobs.