Safe - no changes expected
getting warm - will survive but will be full hot seat next year
Smoke billowing - get ready to see a change soon - maybe off season
Fire - He is a goner

AFC-East
Buffalo
- Sean McDermott - not sure he is safe anymore
Miami - Mike McDaniel is safe
NY Jets - Robert Saleh - He gets pass this year due to Rodgers injury. But this team isn't all that great.
New England - Bill Belichick - Per multiple reports, Belichick is gone after season is over
AFC - North
Pittsburgh
- Mike Tomlin - warm - team hangs around 0.500, how long will that be enough?
Baltimore - John Harbaugh - safe
Cincinnati - Zac Taylor - safe - team playing great even with Burrow out
Cleveland - Kevin Stefanski - Defense is stellar, Offense is awful, not sure he is safe anymore
AFC - South
Jacksonville
- Doug Pederson - safe
Indianapolis - Shane Steichen - safe
Houston - DeMeco Ryans - safe
Tennessee - Mike Vrabel - looking like no playoffs this year. Not good for Vrabel. However win last weekend may save him
AFC - West
Kansas City
- Andy Reid - safe - but rest of league are catching up to Chiefs
LA Chargers - Brandon Staley - barely beat one of the worst teams in the league - adios Staley
Las Vegas
- GM and McDaniels are gone - Pierce is interim HC - look for a move to a big name next year
Denver
- Sean Payton - Has done a great job turning this season around
NFC - East
Philadelphia
- Nick Sirianni - safe
Dallas - Mike McCarthy - I am hearing all kinds of rumors. They have to make the championship round I think for him to stay
Washington - Ron Rivera - Talk now is he is safe for rest of year, but I am betting he is gone post this year
NY Giants - Brian Daboll - getting warm here, but DeVito may have saved his job
NFC - North
Detroit
- Dan Campbell - safe
Green Bay - Matt LaFleur - safe
Chicago - Matt Eberflus - Just need to replace him and get moving forward
Minnesota - Kevin O'Connell - calling this safe now, loss of Cousins should protect him.
NFC - South
Tampa Bay
- Todd Bowles - they win games, even with Baker Mayfield at QB
Atlanta - Arthur Smith - Move to me smells of panic in Atlanta - I am smelling some smoke here....
New Orleans - Dennis Allen - getting warm here...., Carr is performing but defense isn't consistently and that is Allen's area
Carolina - Frank Reich - Gone and so is OC and RB coach.
NFC - West
San Francisco
- Kyle Shanahan - safe
Seattle - Pete Carroll - safe
LA Rams - Sean McVay - just got new deal so safe
Arizona - Jonathan Gannon - safe since he is new, and team is feisty.

2 already gone, 1 reports have him being fired end of season(Belichick), 2 I am willing to be $$$$ are gone(Staley and Rivera).

Walter34

Update on Eberflus - the winds change with each win and loss, but he is trending in a better direction. Took over the defence when they fired Alan Williams for some unknown conduct reason and the Bears have been top 5 D since. They need to get rid of the OC Getsy, but Poles, Fields and EberfLOSE are trending safe. This could all change next week of course.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Update time:
NFL last week of regular season
Fire - He is a goner

AFC-East
Buffalo
- Sean McDermott - I think he gets more time, even if they miss playoffs.
NY Jets - Robert Saleh - Thought he might get a pass, but I think he is at risk as the defense isn't playing well either
New England - Bill Belichick - Think he is a goner post season
AFC - North
Pittsburgh
- Mike Tomlin - warm - team hangs around 0.500, how long will that be enough?
Cleveland - Kevin Stefanski - Defense is stellar, Offense is responding to new plan and Joe Flacco
AFC - South
Jacksonville
- Doug Pederson - safe
Indianapolis - Shane Steichen - safe
Houston - DeMeco Ryans - safe
Tennessee - Mike Vrabel - looking like no playoffs this year. Not good for Vrabel. He may be at risk. Smelling smoke here...
AFC - West
Kansas City
LA Chargers - Brandon Staley and GM fired - adios to the most obvious hot seat HC
Las Vegas - GM and McDaniels are gone - Pierce is interim HC - look for a move to a big name next year
Denver
- Sean Payton - Has done a great job turning this season around
NFC - East
Philadelphia
- Nick Sirianni - safe
Dallas - Mike McCarthy - I am hearing all kinds of rumors. They have to make the championship round I think for him to stay
Washington - Ron Rivera - Talk now is he is safe for rest of year, but I am betting he is gone post this year
NY Giants - Brian Daboll - getting warm here, but DeVito may have saved his job
NFC - North
Detroit
- Dan Campbell - safe
Chicago - Matt Eberflus - He might have saved himself here, Defense has blown up since taking it over and Fields has improved. But a change may be coming here.
Minnesota - Kevin O'Connell - calling this safe now, loss of Cousins should protect him.
NFC - South
Tampa Bay
- Todd Bowles - they win games, even with Baker Mayfield at QB
Atlanta - Arthur Smith - Move to me smells of panic in Atlanta - I am smelling some smoke here.... and they may miss playoffs
New Orleans - Dennis Allen - getting warm here...., Carr is performing but defense isn't consistently and that is Allen's area
Carolina - Frank Reich - Gone and so is OC and RB coach.
NFC - West
San Francisco
- Kyle Shanahan - safe
Seattle - Pete Carroll - safe

Am hearing OC in Detroit and Jim Harbaugh's name being thrown around. I for one don't believe Harbaugh is leaving Michigan.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Update time:
End of regular season
Fire - He is a goner

AFC-East
Buffalo
- Sean McDermott - He turned the season around and got the #2 seed. think he is safe now.
NY Jets - Robert Saleh - its pretty warm on his seat right now, IF Rodgers is back, he might get one more shot.
New England - Bill Belichick - My money is he moves on. Deserves a shot with another team to show what he can still do.
AFC - North
Pittsburgh
- Mike Tomlin - back to safe, got team in playoffs even though OC was bad and QB situation is bad.
Cleveland - Kevin Stefanski - Defense is stellar, Offense is responding to new plan and Joe Flacco
AFC - South
Jacksonville
- Doug Pederson - getting warm, I don't think he is gone, but that 2nd half collapse means he might be in danger next year.
Indianapolis - Shane Steichen - safe - almost made the playoffs with Minshew at QB.
Houston - DeMeco Ryans - safe - what a turn around for a franchise. My vote for Coach of the year here!!
Tennessee - Mike Vrabel - I think its 50/50 if he returns. Team is in rebuild mode, and may not want to make a major change, then again the team might as they let more vets go in the off-season.
AFC - West
Kansas City
LA Chargers - Brandon Staley and GM fired - Is this where Belichick goes? Harbaugh(Jim not John)?
Las Vegas - GM and McDaniels are gone - Pierce is interim HC - Do they keep Pierce?
Denver - Sean Payton - Has done a great job turning this season around
NFC - East
Philadelphia
- Nick Sirianni - safe - Hey ESPN!! Get a real life and stop all the drama queen crap. Philly will not fire Sirianni after one pour year with all the injuries they had.
Dallas - Mike McCarthy - OK, first things first, I hate Dallas, but credit due for how he has managed this team this year. That being said, if they lose in playoffs early, I don't know he is still safe.
Washington - Ron Rivera - End of year collapse is his downfall again.
NY Giants - Brian Daboll - getting warm here, He needs to draft well and turn the ship back around.
NFC - North
Detroit
- Dan Campbell - safe
Chicago - Matt Eberflus - I think his job is dependent on what they do at QB. If they deal Fields, and go rookie QB, I could see new HC to develop that QB. Heck if "I" was GM in Chicago, I would drop Eberflus and hire the OC outta Detroit, trade Fields and use #1 pick on young QB and keep rebuilding.
NFC - South
Tampa Bay
- Todd Bowles - they win games, even with Baker Mayfield at QB, Bravo for winning the NFC South.
Atlanta - Arthur Smith - Adios sir, maybe they will find a offensive minded HC that uses ALL his tools
New Orleans - Dennis Allen - getting warm here...., I think he may be safe, but they will have to move on from Kamara and Thomas.
Carolina - Frank Reich - GONE - Reich fired - and they now see the owner forced the wrong decision at QB and they lost the #1 pick to Chicago in trade last year to take that QB.
NFC - West
San Francisco
- Kyle Shanahan - safe
Seattle - Pete Carroll - I don't think he gets fired, but not being in playoffs again is not good here. Not sure how long ownership will keep taking this.

4 jobs open already. I assume 6 will open by mid-week.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Adding here that Vrabel out as HC in Tenn.

Personally, I feel Jim Harbaugh will come back to the NFL, I don't think he goes to AFC though, as he won't want regular matchups vs. his brother. I could see him in Chicago, Washington and or Atlanta. I have seen ONE rumor of Philly dumping Sirianni for Harbaugh as well.

efactor

Coming at you
Adding here that Vrabel out as HC in Tenn.

Personally, I feel Jim Harbaugh will come back to the NFL, I don't think he goes to AFC though, as he won't want regular matchups vs. his brother. I could see him in Chicago, Washington and or Atlanta. I have seen ONE rumor of Philly dumping Sirianni for Harbaugh as well.
Probably but I think he’s crazy. Ton of money in college football plus working with young kids that listen vs professionals seems more inviting. But maybe his brother having a Lombardi is poking at him.

Probably but I think he’s crazy. Ton of money in college football plus working with young kids that listen vs professionals seems more inviting. But maybe his brother having a Lombardi is poking at him.

The show cause and scandal after this would be enough to roll him out, unless he or Michigan think they can win...or, finally, put the NCAA down by simply ignoring them.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay list of top candidates for the 6 open positions - and I believe there will be at least 1 or 2 more.

Jim Harbaugh - Michigan
Mike McDonald - DC Baltimore
Mike Vrabel - former TEN HC
Ben Johnson - OC Detroit
Dan Quinn - DC Dallas
Antonio Pierce - Interim HC Las Vegas
Brian Flores - DC Minnesota
Raheem Morris - DC LA Rams
Ejiro Evero - DC Carolina
Steve Wilks - DC San Francisco
Brian Callahan - OC Cincinnati
Bobby Slowik - OC Houston - only one year as OC
Lou Anarumo - DC Cincinnati
Aaron Glenn - DC Detroit
Eric Bieniemy - OC Washington - although his stock is dropping after later half decline
Jarod Mayo - LB coach New England

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per Schefter at ESPN - Eberflus is staying for 2024 in Chicago, but team has fired OC Getsy

Phicinfan

Administrator
Seattle - Pete Carroll leaving HC role to move to an advisory role instead - ?? Didn't he just say he was staying around?

efactor

Coming at you
Seattle - Pete Carroll leaving HC role to move to an advisory role instead -
Let me translate:

"It was a choice of getting fired or accepting an "advisory" role where I will have no decision making authority and nobody will listen to anything I say. I'll accept the token job because the pay is damn good"

Phicinfan

Administrator
Update time:
Before WC weekend - Post black Monday
Safe
- no changes expected
Fire - He is a goner

AFC-East
Buffalo
- Sean McDermott - HI think he is safe, but hearing rumblings if they drop out WC weekend he may be gone
NY Jets - Robert Saleh - its pretty warm on his seat right now, IF Rodgers is back, he might get one more shot.
New England - Bill Belichick - Fired
AFC - North
Pittsburgh
- Mike Tomlin - back to safe, got team in playoffs even though OC was bad and QB situation is bad.
AFC - South
Jacksonville
- Doug Pederson - He seems safe but will get whole new Defense coaching crew
Indianapolis - Shane Steichen - safe - almost made the playoffs with Minshew at QB.
Houston - DeMeco Ryans - safe - what a turn around for a franchise. My vote for Coach of the year here!!
Tennessee - Mike Vrabel - Fired - Owner and GM has decided to move to different coach - HUGE mistake IMO.
AFC - West
Kansas City
LA Chargers - Brandon Staley and GM fired - Is this where Belichick goes? Harbaugh(Jim not John)?
Las Vegas - GM and McDaniels are Fired - Pierce is interim HC - Do they keep Pierce?
Denver - Sean Payton - Has done a great job turning this season around
NFC - East
Philadelphia
- Nick Sirianni - safe - I say he is safe, but again hearing reports if they lose to TB in WC weekend he may be gone
Dallas - Mike McCarthy - Jerry Jones himself said it will be determined game by game in playoffs - that isn't a confidence builder
Washington - Ron Rivera - Fired
NY Giants
- Brian Daboll - getting warm here, and a new DC and other coaches - so he is on his last leg
NFC - North
Detroit
- Dan Campbell - safe
Chicago - Matt Eberflus - He is staying, but will need new OC and DC unless he keeps control of defense, which means on last leg here as well
Minnesota - Kevin O'Connell - safe
NFC - South
Tampa Bay
- Todd Bowles - they win games, even with Baker Mayfield at QB, Bravo for winning the NFC South.
Atlanta - Arthur Smith - Fired
New Orleans
- Dennis Allen - getting warm here...., I think he may be safe, but they will have to move on from Kamara and Thomas.
Carolina - Frank Reich - Fired - and they now see the owner forced the wrong decision at QB and they lost the #1 pick to Chicago in trade last year to take that QB.
NFC - West
San Francisco
- Kyle Shanahan - safe
Seattle - Pete Carroll - Fired - as HC, staying on as an advisor

8 HC's fired, at least 2-3 more are at risk. Going to be a busy interviewing period

Last edited:

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The Bears announced Wednesday afternoon that Getsy and four other offensive assistants -- quarterbacks coach Andrew Janocko, wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert, running backs coach Omar Young and assistant tight ends coach Tim Zetts -- were fired.