2012 Close Call #14: Jacob Tamme vs Brandon Pettigrew

2012 Close Call #14: Jacob Tamme vs Brandon Pettigrew

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cctekguy

Staff member
There isn't a pair of hands in Detroit that won't be good but I think Manning will mask his "less than 100%" ability by throwing like crazy to the short routes and looking for the big guys in the end zone.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I went Pettigrew. He is the straight up superior talent. Tamme has a checkered injury history and other capable TEs on the team to contend with.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Sorry, but the passing attack in Detroit goes through Megatron, then Young then Burleson and the rookie, with TE getting leftovers. Add to that you still have Scheffler to snag some, and I just can't get high on Pettigrew.

Tamme has history with Manning, and young Wrs that don't always go where they are supposed to. I will take the risk with Tamme.

Remote Controller

Sorry, but the passing attack in Detroit goes through Megatron, then Young then Burleson and the rookie, with TE getting leftovers. Add to that you still have Scheffler to snag some, and I just can't get high on Pettigrew.

Tamme has history with Manning, and young Wrs that don't always go where they are supposed to. I will take the risk with Tamme.
Decker is always where he belongs and has sure hands. I believe they protect Manning with alot of McGahee. Stafford will be forced to put up points, and will take many more offensive snaps then Manning. Pettigrew on talent and oppurtunity,though Tamme's adp of 120,beats the hell out of Pettigrew's adp of 75, and would likely end upon my squad before Brandon.

--how is that for a wishy washy response?-- lol!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Decker is always where he belongs and has sure hands. I believe they protect Manning with alot of McGahee. Stafford will be forced to put up points, and will take many more offensive snaps then Manning. Pettigrew on talent and oppurtunity,though Tamme's adp of 120,beats the hell out of Pettigrew's adp of 75, and would likely end upon my squad before Brandon.

--how is that for a wishy washy response?-- lol!
This is where ADP gets funny....and one of the reasons I picked this one.

FFC has Tamme at 7.12 and over the last month as low as 8.4 and as high as 7.8. Pettigrew is at 8.8 (current spot is his month high) and has been as low as 8.12.

MFL since Aug 1st has Tamme at 109 and Pettigrew at 87.

Your numbers show an even greater disparity.

Guess this is a good one as they are all over the place! But don't count on Tamme being the better ADP value, there are some numbers out there showing he is on the rise.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
For me, this one is easy. Pettigrew is the better talent and the better choice. I am not even sure Tamme is the best TE in Denver. The only reason Tamme is gettign this hype is his history with Manning. If there is indeed a better option in Denver, it won't take Manning long to find it and push Tamme to the back and make him worthless. That is the risk that makes this one very easy for me.

gizzil

phicin got it here... I think if you DON'T get a sick TE early, Tamme may be the dude to target as late as you can get him

Coachnorm

I went Pettigrew but Tamme could be a great value pick if you focused on other positions early in your draft.