2009 WestCoast Dynasty Draft

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Thought you all might be interested, if not let me know and I'll quit updating this thing.

Our draft kicked off with the first pick in the NFL draft on Saturday. It's a 10 team dynasty league with 30 man rosters (including 3 IR spots) and we are in our 7th season. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 3 IDP's, and have 2 OP positions. I'll try and keep this post updated as long as it lets me keep updating it.

1.1 Knowshon Moreno, RB, Denver
1.2 Michael Crabtree, WR, San Francisco
1.3 Chris Wells, RB, Arizona
1.4 Donald Brown, RB, Indianapolis
1.5 LeSean McCoy, RB, PHI
1.6 Shonn Greene, RB, NYJ (my first pick)
1.7 Mark Sanchez, QB, NYJ
1.8 Glen Coffee, RB, SF (wtf?)
1.9 Hakeem Nicks, WR NYG (thanks guys for your help)
1.10 Matthew Stafford, QB DET

2.1 Brian Robiskie, WR Cle
2.2 Jeremy Maclin, WR PHI
2.3 James Davis, RB, Cle
2.4 Gartrell Johnson, SD, RB
2.5 Andre Brown, NYG, RB
2.6 Percy Harvin, WR MIN
2.7 Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR
2.8 James Laurinaitis, LB, StL
2.9 Rey Maualuga, LB, CIN
2.10 Mohamed Massaquoi, WR Cle

3.1 Josh Freeman, QB, TB
3.2 Kenny Britt, WR, Ten
3.3 Patrick Turner, WR, Mia
3.4 Pat White, QB, Mia
3.5 Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Det
3.6 Lawrence Timmons, LB, Pit
3.7 Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Chi
3.8 Aaron Curry, LB, Sea
3.9 Kerry Collins, QB, Ten
3.10 Brandon Tate, WR, NE

4.01 Danny Ware, RB NYG

Last edited by a moderator:

gruntbusters

I just moved up from #11 to #9 to grab Maclin, but now I'm not sure who is the better player here with the most upside?

I have my choice of Maclin, Nicks, or DHB. Any advice?

DearbornDolfan

Maclin's your best choice. Not sure what Nicks will be and DHB doesn't really have a QB who caters to his skill set.

gruntbusters

Maclin's your best choice. Not sure what Nicks will be and DHB doesn't really have a QB who caters to his skill set.

Do you think Maclin has the best long term value? Not sure what that offense will look like after McNabb is gone. I hate taking WR's in the first round of the rookie draft...less than 30% actually pan out! But they are the best players available right now. Not a hugely deep draft this year.

Forgot to throw Harvin and Robiski in the mix as well. I just really want to avoid Harvin but man that guy has potential to be scary good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DearbornDolfan

Maclin has the best long and short term value because of where he is. So long as he lines up opposite Jackson, he's going to be a monster. If I were you, I'd try to send your second to whoever has Jackson and handcuff those two big time.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Maclin has the best long and short term value because of where he is. So long as he lines up opposite Jackson, he's going to be a monster. If I were you, I'd try to send your second to whoever has Jackson and handcuff those two big time.

I wish I can think of a recent productive Mizzu player. I'm having a hard time buying into the hype.

DearbornDolfan

I wish I can think of a recent productive Mizzu player. I'm having a hard time buying into the hype.

Mizzou's offense is a lot like the WCO in its concepts, especially for receivers. Maclin just hit the freaking jackpot, literally and figuratively, which is why I'm so high on him.

gruntbusters

I may be able to swing a trade for Roy Williams, WR DAL for that pick....he's 27 and I'm afraid of what Dallas is going to do this year. I have Romo..so the hookup would be nice when it happens.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Missouri Tigers:

NFL (Present)

NFL (Former)

George Seals - former lineman for the Chicago Bears

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Missouri Tigers:

NFL (Present)

Thanks for all that effort, Sarge. I think I'll be avoiding Mr Maclin.

Remote Controller

Maclin w/Desean,Curtis, Westbrook, and McNabb intrigues me. Not ofr Maclin however. The big winner is McNabb and he will still fall to waaaay below his value. Curtis will be the top wideout, and will be the best value. They will be splitting 3 ways, and there will be those over spending on Desean.

gruntbusters

Well Mr Maclin projects to be the next best player available, and the Roy Williams thing fell through...so I guess now I'm looking at Nicks? He's going to be a long term project though. I might try and trade for another WR.....it's too early to go Pettigrew here I think.

Do you think Maclin has the best long term value? Not sure what that offense will look like after McNabb is gone. I hate taking WR's in the first round of the rookie draft...less than 30% actually pan out! But they are the best players available right now. Not a hugely deep draft this year.

Forgot to throw Harvin and Robiski in the mix as well. I just really want to avoid Harvin but man that guy has potential to be scary good.

Do you have an opinion on Kolb?

If Kolb and this draft pans out they may have set themselves up nicely for post Nab and Westie.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Interesting mock so far. Thought for sure it was ppr with Crab 2nd, interesting he went 2nd in a non-ppr. I like the pick in a ppr, but in a standard league I think I prefer to stay with Wells.