2009 Forum Wide NFL Mock Draft Pick #10 - San Francisco

Pick #10 - San Francisco 49ers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay folks, you know the drill. Lets see who we as a consensus vote of the Sportsoutlaw experts think teams should take. The rules are simple, please choose one of the players listed and vote. Or, if you prefer, choose other, and then post who you would have taken. After 24hrs, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be awarded to that team. We will be going off the draft order now set...so if there are trades...we will see what happens.

San Francisco is on the clock!

Draft Order:
  1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford Qb Georgia
  2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
  3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
  4. Seattle Seahawks - Michael Crabtree Wr Texas Tech
  5. Cleveland Browns - Malcolm Jenkins Cb Ohio State
  6. Cincinnati Bengals - Jason Smith OT Baylor
  7. Oakland Raiders - Jerry Maclin Wr Missouri
  8. Jacksonville Jaguars - B. J. Raji DT Boston College
  9. Green Bay Packers - Brian Orakpo DE Texas
  10. San Francisco 49ers
  11. Buffalo Bills
  12. Denver Broncos
  13. Washington Redskins
  14. New Orleans Saints
  15. Houston Texans
  16. San Diego Chargers
  17. New York Jets
  18. Chicago Bears
  19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  20. Detroit Lions (from Dallas)
  21. Philadelphia Eagles
  22. Minnesota Vikings
  23. New England Patriots
  24. Atlanta Falcons
  25. Miami Dolphins
  26. Baltimore Ravens
  27. Indianapolis Colts
  28. Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina)
  29. New York Giants
  30. Tennessee Titans
  31. Arizona Cardinals
  32. Pittsburgh Steelers

Last edited by a moderator:

mills

Going with Sanchez here. Home town boy for a team in need of a franchise QB.

dukdown

Banned
Just don't think that Everette Brown had a good enough Combine to make it into the top 10. Measured less than 6' 2", he would have needed to run in the 4.6 range. With Sanchez on the board, wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down here.

Sanchez is from Southern California. Definitely not a 'hometown' boy. But would be a good fit in a diverse community.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Just don't think that Everette Brown had a good enough Combine to make it into the top 10. Measured less than 6' 2", he would have needed to run in the 4.6 range.
I agree to a point. I just think he has the best Outside rush potential left in this draft now that Orakpo is off the board. DL pressure is a dire need in San Fran.

bobbeaux

i honestly think they should go OT here, but I picked Sanchez too . . . there are a great number of 3-4 de/lb's in this year's draft that will still be there at round 2.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I am NOT a Sanchez believer. I went Oher here, as OT would be a huge boon to S.F and Gore

dukdown

Banned
They are desperate for Manny Lawson to stay healthy. I personally like Larry English better than Brown, just think he's tougher and more hungry, but that's just me.

With Andre Smith on the board, in the real world of the NFL, it will be incredibly tempting to take him here. Team him with Staley and they are set for a decade.