2009 Forum Wide Mock NFL Draft Pick #8 - Jacksonville

Pick #8 - Jacksonville Jaguars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay folks, you know the drill. Lets see who we as a consensus vote of the Sportsoutlaw experts think teams should take. The rules are simple, please choose one of the players listed and vote. Or, if you prefer, choose other, and then post who you would have taken. After 24hrs, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be awarded to that team. We will be going off the draft order now set...so if there are trades...we will see what happens.

Jacksonville is on the clock!

Draft Order:
  1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford Qb Georgia
  2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
  3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
  4. Seattle Seahawks - Michael Crabtree Wr Texas Tech
  5. Cleveland Browns - Malcolm Jenkins Cb Ohio State
  6. Cincinnati Bengals - Jason Smith OT Baylor
  7. Oakland Raiders - Jerry Maclin Wr Missouri
  8. Jacksonville Jaguars
  9. Green Bay Packers
  10. San Francisco 49ers
  11. Buffalo Bills
  12. Denver Broncos
  13. Washington Redskins
  14. New Orleans Saints
  15. Houston Texans
  16. San Diego Chargers
  17. New York Jets
  18. Chicago Bears
  19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  20. Detroit Lions (from Dallas)
  21. Philadelphia Eagles
  22. Minnesota Vikings
  23. New England Patriots
  24. Atlanta Falcons
  25. Miami Dolphins
  26. Baltimore Ravens
  27. Indianapolis Colts
  28. Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina)
  29. New York Giants
  30. Tennessee Titans
  31. Arizona Cardinals
  32. Pittsburgh Steelers

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Man I am torn. I really like Raji here. Can't believe he dropped this far. It would basically rebuild the DL that was decimated last year and year before. But i also agree with Mills that OL is a dire need as well. I am gonna think on this some......nah. I am going with gut...and calling Raji

bodey24

Staff member
I'm going with Raji as well. He seems to be the safer pick here with Smith having some issues lately. They also think Smith might not have the foot speed to be a good o-linemen.

dukdown

Banned
With the issues that the Jags have been having with character, and with the Jags having just gutted some bad character guys, they have a better chance of taking Michael Oher, who Del Rio coached at the Senior Bowl, than taking Andre Smith.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Jags pretty set at DE with Harvey and Groves. Adding Raji with Henderson sounds pretty tight though.

i wouldnt exactly call them "set." neither of those guys did much of anything this past year and neither of them are providing any real pass rush. swings and misses thus far.

If I remember, the Jags O-line isn't all that bad, but were just decimated by injuries last year much like Seattle at the WR position. I'm going with Raji until he's gone from here on out.

Runnik's Hambones

I ran into the same tear that everyone else was in. Raji v Smith. I'm with chris here though, if I remember correctly their O-line wasn't half bad. And while their DE are not great, they are productive. I went Raji because I think he will impact this team more than any of the other names up there.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i dont see whats so productive about their defensive ends. they dont get a lot of tackles, and the top 4 DEs last year combined for a whopping 14 sacks. this team has lacked a serious pass rush for years and left their corners out on an island far too many times over the past few seasons.

i dont doubt the validity of raji for the pick, but i dont see how a stud pass rusher isnt at least a consideration. the pieces they have right now dont seem to be working.

dukdown

Banned
The Jags invested a 1st round and 2nd round pick on their DE's of the future last year. Really doubt they're going to invest another top 10 pick on a DE.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
yeah im well aware what they invested last year, but it doesnt seem to have worked. the vikings have invested about 8-10 day one picks in the last 6 years looking for a defensive pass rusher. anyone notice a difference with the team now that we finally had one this season?

Runnik's Hambones

Not only that, DB, to answer your question. I feel that if they had a NT like Raji, that line as a whole would be better. I think they'll get more productivity with him there. By that thought, I think Raji will impact this team quite a bit.

Phicinfan

Administrator
i dont see whats so productive about their defensive ends. they dont get a lot of tackles, and the top 4 DEs last year combined for a whopping 14 sacks. this team has lacked a serious pass rush for years and left their corners out on an island far too many times over the past few seasons.

i dont doubt the validity of raji for the pick, but i dont see how a stud pass rusher isnt at least a consideration. the pieces they have right now dont seem to be working.
I think by getting Raji, and getting the double teams tied up to free up the DE's would make sense to you?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
you would think so. only they used to have henderson and stroud as the best DT tandem in the league other than (surprise surprise) minnesota's pair of williams. just because guys are getting single teamed doesnt mean they are making the plays. just sayin.

Phicinfan

Administrator
you would think so. only they used to have henderson and stroud as the best DT tandem in the league other than (surprise surprise) minnesota's pair of williams. just because guys are getting single teamed doesnt mean they are making the plays. just sayin.
But they didn't have them last year, which might have hurt the new DEs. I think the chance to get this guy's talent is too much to pass up. I really like Orakpo...don't get me wrong, but I like Raji more.