2009 Forum Wide Mock Draft Pick #5 - Cleveland

Pick #5 - Cleveland Browns

• Total voters

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay folks, you know the drill. Lets see who we as a consensus vote of the Sportsoutlaw experts think teams should take. The rules are simple, please choose one of the players listed and vote. Or, if you prefer, choose other, and then post who you would have taken. After 24hrs, the votes will be tallied and the winner will be awarded to that team. We will be going off the draft order now set...so if there are trades...we will see what happens.

Cleveland is on the clock!

Draft Order:
  1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford Qb Georgia
  2. St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
  3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
  4. Seattle Seahawks - Michael Crabtree Wr Texas Tech
  5. Cleveland Browns
  6. Cincinnati Bengals
  7. Oakland Raiders
  8. Jacksonville Jaguars
  9. Green Bay Packers
  10. San Francisco 49ers
  11. Buffalo Bills
  12. Denver Broncos
  13. Washington Redskins
  14. New Orleans Saints
  15. Houston Texans
  16. San Diego Chargers
  17. New York Jets
  18. Chicago Bears
  19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  20. Detroit Lions (from Dallas)
  21. Philadelphia Eagles
  22. Minnesota Vikings
  23. New England Patriots
  24. Atlanta Falcons
  25. Miami Dolphins
  26. Baltimore Ravens
  27. Indianapolis Colts
  28. Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina)
  29. New York Giants
  30. Tennessee Titans
  31. Arizona Cardinals
  32. Pittsburgh Steelers

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i personally dont think that jenkins is the best corner in the draft, or that hes even a corner in the nfl, but that is the spot of weakness and with vontae davis not listed, a vote there would be pretty futile. so alas.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I am going against the grain here.

Cleveland needs a Cb, that I would not deny. I am just not totally sold Jenkins is it. His speed was awful.

I think what Cleveland really, really needs is the guy off the outside to pressure the Qb. So I am going Orakpo

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm going off the board on this one and saying BJ Raji out of Boston College. Malcom falls a little due to his 40 time and with the rumors flaying about Rogers wanting out of Cleveland already and his personality conflict with the new coach. Raji is a force in the middle and can play a similar roll to Rogers.

bodey24

Staff member
Im going to agree with Miller here. I think its a little to early for Malcolm Jenkins at #5 and I think Raji would be the best pick here if they are going to go defense.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Cleveland is such a mess right now.

I have heard all sorts of noise about the new regime NOT liking Quinn. They want to revamp the defense, and then they go and trade off Winslow.

Had I known that, and Crabtree was still there, I would have gone Crabtree in a minute.

As for the defense...I am very old school. If I have a defensive line that can put pressure on the QB without blitzing...I can have so-so Cbs and safeties and still beat you. I think in the long run, either Orakpo or Brown would be solid to start that line to get pressure and protect the Dbs cleveland has.

dukdown

Banned
I think that Chris "Beanie" Wells would make a great story here, and goodness knows they need an infusion of fresh legs into that offense. Quinn, Wells, and Edwards makes for a very nice core.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I have to go Other here as well because I've been talking about Beanie to Cleveland with this pick since all the underclassmen declared. Can't go back on that now although if Crabtree slides past Seattle I think he's the pick.