1/4 of the season has passed....and what do we know...

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well this is what we know:

The NFC is NOT better than the AFC.

The NFC East won't be won, as much as it won't be lost...as much as the others :)

As most of us surmised, put Peyton back in New Orleans, and they win again. What a great coach.

The NFC north is once again the black and blue division, and Chicago and Detroit will duke it out ...with GB fighting for WC.

NFC West is Seattle's to lose, but is San Fran really that bad?? Never thought Crabtree's loss would effect them that much. St. Louis IS that bad, and yes virginia, they have a Qb in Arizona....and it still doesn't help much.

AFC East has one undefeated we expected - NE, and one potentially we did not - Miami. Wonder if they celebrate as much if the Miami team keeps this up ( no, I don't think they will.....).

AFC West is dominated by Denver!! They look scary...but don't look now as Andy Reid makes Philly look silly for letting him go.

AFC North is like the NFC East - who ever doesn't lose too much, may win it. On a side note though - Baltimore and Pittsburgh looked awful this week. Baltimore looked putrid.

AFC South has Indy being Indy, and Houston trying to be like Indy and failing. Don't look now folks, but I think Munchak finally has the team he always wanted. Hope Locker is okay though.

Quarter grades:
Best QB - Manning - if I have to state Peyton instead of Eli...you should be ashamed of yourself.
Best Rb - Foster is shining, but Adrien Peterson is still there. Biggest surprise to some (not me) is resurgence of McCoy in Philly!!
Best Wr - too tough to call - Julio has been a monster with White hobbled, and pretty much any Denver Wr looks to top folks. Cruz finally explodes. Well at least DeSean likes Kelly!

Worst QB - anyone playing in Jacksonville, Oakland better hope Pryor returns soon and can stay healthy. TB is a mess but Glennon at least is a rookie.

Speaking of which at QB - rookies and how they are fairing :
After a rough start Manuel in Buffalo looks like a keeper. He has some young wicked tools to work with.
Geno Smith hasn't been terrible - except for last night - and may be a bright future with NYJ

Way too early to write teams off....unless you are Jacksonville, Tampa Bay or St. Louis, maybe the putrid NY Giants. Philly is in for a bad year...but they get the Giants for two games at least. :)

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
We also know that age has finally caught up with Pittsburg and the band aid can no longer hold back the flood.

We know that there actually was a good reason Kansas City had 6 pro bowlers on a team that only won 2 games last year.

Apparently the NY Football Giants are on some kind of 3 year cycle so we should be looking for them to win the Superbowl next year.

Clearly it can be observed that Matt Schaub and Tony Romo are the same person, why does Romo get so much criticism and Schaub not?

When there is no logical reason , opinionated analysis, statistical support, or justification on paper for the Dallas Cowboys to lose to an opponent they will!

ExperiencedRookie

Schaub has thrown a pick 6 in 3 straight games. That's pretty terrible! I think he's not nearly as talented as Romo. He used to be a quality game manager, and now what?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That Peyton will shatter passing records this year.

Philly may not win a lot of games, but they are fun to watch regardless.

By the end of the night, the top 2 fantasy pass catchers may not be WRs....but both of them tight ends. Wow has the game changed.

While RB scoring is significantly down, their value is not. If to are deep at RB, you no doubt have plenty of trading partners.

There is a ton of parity at QB in fantasy football. The number 6 qb in ppg is separated from the number 17 qb by less than 3 ppg!

Philip Rivers is one of the biggest surprises in fantasy and I don't see him fading anytime soon.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
One thing we don't know yet is .....When will Detroit crumble? We know it will happen....but when?
I disagree. As long as they have no more major injuries on the def. But the addition of Bush was exactly what that off. needed. If Broyles can step up, they will be unstoppable.