01/14/2012 Divisional Round Playoffs: Saints @ Niners Sat. 4:30 pm

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Can Mudd make it to the bar by 1/2 time?

I could Coach but I'll listen to this one on the Saints radio network.

Saints fans have some huge bones to pick with the 49ers going back to when we shared the west division with them. We once had a 13 win season but thanks to the 49ers super teams of that era we were stuck with the wildcard. It's payback time for the Black & Gold and we'll be out to kick ass in the Stick. Saints win with ease.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
SF does have a great defense but doesn't have the offense to keep up with NO. This will be like NO last few games has been going. Close the first half then NO will run away with it. This is going to be my all in bet.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Agreed. They want another shot at GB and not looking like anybody will stop them from at least doing their part in that. Suprised the spread is so small but i like it. Maybe since its being played in SF and SF did have the week off. Still don't think that will matter.

Coachnorm

Saints fans have some huge bones to pick with the 49ers going back to when we shared the west division with them. We once had a 13 win season but thanks to the 49ers super teams of that era we were stuck with the wildcard. It's payback time for the Black & Gold and we'll be out to kick ass in the Stick. Saints win with ease.

I can't afford the Sports Bar thing myself and add to that my poor health doesn't let me drink..... Radio announcers usually due a great job of describing the game and immersing you into the Game. Sometimes watching the game if you blink you miss something and the style of coverage......... one quick replay and shift to a ton o commercials leaves me a little short. When you are just listening you get great input and don't seem to lose out on the flow of the game if you turn your head away from the picture at the wrong time.

Thanks for the insight into the History of this game and the two teams involved. Sometimes we don't appreciate the true sense of rivalry that exists between teams.

1 Crazy Commish

I remember those days very well, and now this year the Saints who clearly deserved the #2 seed have the Niners who beat up on them Rams, Cards and Seahawks so well they got the #2. So Saints play an extra game and now are on the road in SF. So the spread of 3.5 and the rested SF D concerns me. But hey I go with who dat cuz their O will roll in the second half even if the Niners are ahead at half, They will figure their secondary out by then. so 1/8 of my VBUCKS on Saints

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Think you brought up a good point w/o realizing it. SF did play in a much weaker division and now wondering what each of their schedules was like. W/O looking i have to say the Saints had a tougher schedule. I'm gonna have to check in on it. And still leaning towards riding the Saints bandwagon this week and dropping it all on them to cover.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That's one reason their defensive stats are better than the other playoff teams. They played against weak offenses. On the other hand Cerberus I'd hate to see you lose it all if my Saints stumble here tho I do expect to whip the 49ers soundly.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Just looked over each schedule for both teams. I was looking at stats for both teams on the road and at home. Altho SF was impressive at home, it was against much lesser teams. But NO did fall a few times against some lesser teams while SF did get the job done against those teams.

This game has been driving me crazy to bet on all week since the bet came out. If this was in NO, then it would be a no brainer for me. Its just NO scores alot less points on the road than at home. That damn 1/2 point is really getting me, esp looking at the head to head matchups these two have had.

Heart says NO, just something is making me hesitant to go with it.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Go all in then. I just did. LOL. And you owe me 34 mil and a written apology if it busts out. LOL

As my earlier post said
On the other hand Cerberus I'd hate to see you lose it all if my Saints stumble

FTR I can't think of anything I'd go all in for Cerberus. It took too long to get these fake $$'s. Combined tho, this bet and the overs I have about what you have riding on the Saints to whoop 'em.

1 Crazy Commish

teehee, Yes Ceberus I'm in full realize-ation. Unfortunately I know the NFC West all too well. I also might be eating my hat at the end of 4 qtrs.:yellowlaugh: