2011 AFC CG: BAL @ NEP

Coachnorm

FS Ed Reed (ankle) was upgraded to full participation in Ravens practice on Friday, and is listed as probable for the AFC Championship Game. Analysis: Reed, the only player on the Ravens' injury report this week, was limited on Wednesday and Thursday. Reed has intercepted Tom Brady each of the past three times he's faced the Patriots.

JScott

Administrator
Reed has intercepted Tom Brady each of the past three times he's faced the Patriots.

I think one of the facets of NE's passing game now compared to the past, that will somewhat help keep Ed away from the INT opporunities is the infrequency that Brady throws the deep ball. That's where Reed is at his best, ball-hawking on the long passes. But NE just doesn't throw it up like they have in the past.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Easy my good friend Tekie. Sooner or later I've got to get one right and the law of averages says I should be getting due soon.

Coachnorm

I think one of the facets of NE's passing game now compared to the past, that will somewhat help keep Ed away from the INT opporunities is the infrequency that Brady throws the deep ball. That's where Reed is at his best, ball-hawking on the long passes. But NE just doesn't throw it up like they have in the past.

Good Point, I was just pointing out that he was going to play. The news blurb tried to make it into a big impact, me I am not so sure the impact is that great.

Coachnorm

LSU/ Saints were great teams to bet on all year....... so while the last two games might have cost me a bundle I made some fancy profits during the rest of the year.

JScott

Administrator
Good Point, I was just pointing out that he was going to play. The news blurb tried to make it into a big impact, me I am not so sure the impact is that great.

Sorry Coach, wasn't directed at you. Just quoted your post to relate to Reed being healthy and playing.

Coachnorm

Sorry Coach, wasn't directed at you. Just quoted your post to relate to Reed being healthy and playing.

No problem, It's all good, I should have probably added a disclaimer. Sometimes I do with the news as the conclusions that the blurb makes are often over hyped.

I love all the enthusiasm that the Outlaws have for their teams.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
This year the Ravens Defense has given up 11 total passing TD's and never more than 1 in a game. They have problems with big WR's so Gronk might be a monster this week, although they do a good job limiting TE's. Of course they haven't faced anything like Gronk all year.For the Ravens to win they need to control both sides of the LOS and be extremely physical with this team, bring the AFC North intensity. The Ravens are the better team but I truly can see either team winning this, but it won't be in a rout. And I hope Tom Baby doesn't get those phantom roughing the passer calls this week especially with the other prett boys, Rodgers and Brees, at home

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
IMO The only way to beat the Pats is not so much scoring a ton of points as to pressuring Brady disrupting the timing between him and the WR's.

JScott

Administrator
and be extremely physical with this team, bring the AFC North intensity.

Funny this is one thing I was thinking about last night. If the Ravens start bringing the lumber how would NE react. I don't recall anyone really taking it to the Pats that way all season. They've usually been able to dictate the pace and keep defenses on their heels but if the roll is reversed will the NE receivers and TEs start getting alligator arms. I think this is the way the Pats can be beat but this isn't the 2000 Ravens, I just don't know if they can bring it like that again.

JScott

Administrator
And I hope Tom Baby doesn't get those phantom roughing the passer calls this week

Unfortunately for the NFL in general this is just the state of the game these days. If you breath on a QB or a receiver it's more often than not a penalty.