Will the Giants actually let Cruz walk?

deuce4321

Driller
After getting two back to back 1000 yards receiving seasons under his belt Giants WR is a free agent and the Giants have yet to sign him. Cruz is a RFA and has been given a 1st round tender. Its a big risk to allow this dynamic WR to hit the open market and while the Giants have a right to match the highest offer they may be priced out from being able to match. With Nicks unable to ever stay on the field and Randell still unproven this is a dicey WR situation. Cruz has fired his agent and signed with Eli's agent which may be a sign that he is trying to negotiate... or it can mean nothing. Do you think the Giants areebeing smart about this? After all all Cruz wants is WR1 money which his stats back up.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I don't think the rfa market for him will be too hot with a 1st rd pick, but it points to that this could be his last yr in NY. Read a report a while back that the team feels Nicks is a larger priority long term.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't think the rfa market for him will be too hot with a 1st rd pick, but it points to that this could be his last yr in NY. Read a report a while back that the team feels Nicks is a larger priority long term.

Not sure I agree. If you have a later round 1st round pick he is worth the value. To me the issue is cost. You have to walk a fine line of making the $$ high enough that NYG would not want to match, but not cripple your own salary cap in the process. Most talent evaluators only have 2-3 Wrs that rate a first round level this year.