14- Jimmy Graham
16- Marshawn Lynch
16- Victor Cruz

17- Cecil Shorts
17- Lamar Miller

17- Colin Kaepernick
16- Mike Williams
17- Andre Brown

I'm in a 12 team, seven keeper player league and we'll announce our keepers in 36 hours. This is a $$- PPR league. We start a QB, 2-RB's, 2 WR's, TE, 1 flex (RB/TE/WR), DST, and K. The numbers listed by the players name is the round of the draft that I'll lose for keeping that player. The top four players are for sure being kept. I'm 99.9 sure I'll keep Shorts and Miller unless something happens to change my mind within the next 36 hours. That leaves 1 player to keep out of the last three names listed. All TD's are 6 points so it is a QB friendly league and the other teams will for sure keep a QB with at least one of them keeping 2 which causes me to lean towards Kaepernick strongly. WR depth will also be very thin however once the draft gets started. I'll have a 1st round draft choice and expect that I'll pick 4th if the other owners keep the players I expect. Odds are high that I could drop Kaepernick tomorrow and draft him back during the first round of the draft but his keeper value would change to a first rounder for every year I keep him in the future and I have high hopes that he'll be worth having for years to come.

What do y'all think Outlaws? Any problems with the top six players on the list? Which player would you keep from the bottom three listed?

Last edited:

jjtweeks

shorts had a nice run last year but am not sold on him . I have him on par with brown and williams as far as points. would keep kap for sure

A

Axe Elf

The 6 pt pass TD rule kinda devalues your rushing QBs like Kaepernick. It's a 7 team league and you only start 1 QB, so there will be credible QBs available on the waiver wire every week, even if you din't draft one, and my guess is that you can still draft someone like Romo or at least Palmer or Freeman in the draft--then pick up a Manuel or Geno Smith late in the draft if you want a potential keeper option.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The last couple of years I've been playing with WW QB's and been in the finals both times. One win, one loss. I've actually used both Freeman and Palmer. They'll both be there again but I highly doubt Romo will be dropped. I'm itching to have an every week starter under center after proving to myself I could win without a stud throwing the ball.

A

Axe Elf

Still, I think you're better off keeping last year's #17 WR (Mike Williams) than a QB like Kaepernick (Shorts was #22).

ExperiencedRookie

I don't think you can go wrong with either Kaepernick or Williams. Both are pretty nice players. I do agree with AE about the 6 pt TDs which devalues the running QB.

That being said, I think we know who Mike Williams is. He's a nice young player, who is kind of trapped as being the #2 WR on his team. He's not likely to ever be worth much more than he is already. Kaepernick has some room to grow though. He could potentially grow into a top 5 QB over the next few years. Is having Mike Williams worth not having the option of keeping CK for a 17 round pick for your future?

A

Axe Elf

Dude, it's a 7 team league. He can pick up Kaepernick off waivers in Week 17 if he wants to keep him for five years.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I don't think so Southern but I am mulling over what Axe wrote. I think Kap has way more upside then Williams.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I don't think you can go wrong with either Kaepernick or Williams. Both are pretty nice players. I do agree with AE about the 6 pt TDs which devalues the running QB.

That being said, I think we know who Mike Williams is. He's a nice young player, who is kind of trapped as being the #2 WR on his team. He's not likely to ever be worth much more than he is already. Kaepernick has some room to grow though. He could potentially grow into a top 5 QB over the next few years. Is having Mike Williams worth not having the option of keeping CK for a 17 round pick for your future?

Actually it's a 12 team league with seven keepers on each team and my original post wasn't worded very well at all. I've tried to correct that now with an edit.

A

Axe Elf

Oh... well, that does make a difference.

I'd still probly throw back Kaep for the #17 WR, but you'd probly hafta go with a couple of 4000 yard passers from last year as your QBs--Carson Palmer (22 TDs, but a better team/WR now) and Josh Freeman (27 TDs)--maybe even Andy Dalton (only 3669 yards, but 27 TDs like Freeman).