Who it's the best value at te this year?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
TE oz looking to be very interesting again this year...plenty of stars....solid vets, surging young guns....and possible redemptions and breakouts.

Reed stole the show last year, can he stay healthy enough till doll it again? Who could emerge like reed did last year?

A value I like is a redemption story.....Colby fleener never fully lived up to expectations in Indy...can he in New Orleans? Ill take a shot on him fur the right price. Look at what Watson did last year, fleener had better skills than Watson. This is a great slot for him and it's now or never for him. I'd be fine waiting a bit and grabbing him.

A breakout guy I like green in Pittsburgh....another great landing spot.

2 guys in New places ill be targeting for breakout years.

With all the depth at te these days, I don't think I'll be in a hurry till take one.

KillerFins

Staff member
Reed is a big question mark, can he repeat and play close to 16 games? I'm not betting on it, he is going much too high for my taste.

I usually don't get one of the big names, usually grab some value, then if the roster is deep enough grab someone like Cameron, Walford, Rudolph or Tye with a end round pick.

I do also like Green or Fleener, but have been going higher than I like so far for the most part. TE is a position I'm not overly concerned with, under conventional scoring rules.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I like Julius Thomas, he closed out last season strong. That offense is on the upswing and he can be had for fairly cheap. 10th TE off the board on FF Calculator as of now.

Ertz finished strong too and he's going even later than Thomas. He could be a nice late round come up. Not too sure about the new regime in Philly though.

Unless I get Gronk at a price I can't refuse, I'll wait and grab a couple TE's late and cross my fingers.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm shocked how late Dwayne Allen goes. Guy is a red zone beast in an offense that could easily be top 5 in the league. He's probably not a great PPR play, but he could be one of the few TEs with 10 TDs

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Fully agree the position is stocked.

You have Gronk at #1, most have Reed at #2, then Olsen.

I agree with some that Reed and his injury history scares me some, you will have to spend a 2nd rounder to get him, too costly for me. Would much rather wait for 3rd or 4th to get Olsen.

Fleener in NO is really fun to think on, I do think he could easily do what Watson did and more. Green in Pittsburgh could be really intriguing, but again, the injury issues are really too great.

Gates keeps getting forgotten and he keeps going, he is the friggen ever ready bunny. His future replacement(?) Henry...is exciting as well.

Ertz in philly is really exciting to me, you have the former OC from KC in Philly, and he LOVES him some TE to throw to, and the wr crew in Philly ain't all that...and i am a fan! So yeah grabbing Ertz later is a goal of mine

cctekguy

Staff member
I like Julius Thomas around round 8. Clay doesn't crack the top 20 but I'd take a flier on him late.

Witten's ADP has bottomed out. With Romo back he could be semi reliable.

Eifert in the 6th could be decent value but you'll have to spend another pick to back him up. Barnidge in the 8th isn't all bad but who knows what to expect from Cleveland.

But like it's been stated, other than the top 3 it's pretty hit or miss. Might as well wait and see who's left.

Remote Controller

I feel Walker is the best value. Young Qb's remember their TE's that are where they are suppose to be and know how to be a safety valve. ( Late 8th early 9th ADP)

Phicinfan

Administrator
I feel Walker is the best value. Young Qb's remember their TE's that are where they are suppose to be and know how to be a safety valve. ( Late 8th early 9th ADP)
Hey Walker got me to the finals in Hired Guns! I totally spaced on him, he has to be up there at #2 or #3 talk. But most don't sleep on him, so he will take a higher pick.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Hey Walker got me to the finals in Hired Guns! I totally spaced on him, he has to be up there at #2 or #3 talk. But most don't sleep on him, so he will take a higher pick.
Not sure why.... But I never think about him when I think about top Te's....likely should, but he just never comes up.

Where do y'all put Barnridge? Hell of Year last year, but dude is like 30 I think? And just had his 1st relevent year... Smells like a one hit wonder to me.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not sure why.... But I never think about him when I think about top Te's....likely should, but he just never comes up.

Where do y'all put Barnridge? Hell of Year last year, but dude is like 30 I think? And just had his 1st relevent year... Smells like a one hit wonder to me.
He is their only "known" at receiver. But with the Qb situation...I agree with you

ExperiencedRookie

I pulled a concesus ADP two Fridays ago and he was at 8.10. He is now, two weeks and a few days later, at 8.2. I was using the reference in my hand when I posted. I stand by he's still the best value at TE.
If that's his consensus ADP, then I'm with yo there. He should continue to be featured in their passing game

efactor

Coming at you
I am liking Fleenor too. Situation is set up for a nice season. After Gronk, Reed and Olsen, I like him as well as anyone.

I am fixated on Reed however. He always had the talent but seemed to finally "get it" last year. Plus he stayed reasonably healthy for a change. Really want him on my redraft teams this year depending on the price.

Remote Controller

I am liking Fleenor too. Situation is set up for a nice season. After Gronk, Reed and Olsen, I like him as well as anyone.

I am fixated on Reed however. He always had the talent but seemed to finally "get it" last year. Plus he stayed reasonably healthy for a change. Really want him on my redraft teams this year depending on the price.
Reed's biggest problem has been his qb's hanging him out to dry.

ExperiencedRookie

No love for Kelce around here? Probably among the top 5 most talented athletic TEs in the league on an offense that features him, with a QB known for his short to medium passes as his strength.

efactor

Coming at you
No love for Kelce around here? Probably among the top 5 most talented athletic TEs in the league on an offense that features him, with a QB known for his short to medium passes as his strength.

Like him a lot but don't think the value will be great. 5th round probably. Would rather wait for Fleenor or Walker and grab another WR or RB

cctekguy

Staff member
I got Kelce @ 7.1 and on a serious downward trend since June (6.6)

Taken nearly a full round after Eifert and just ahead of Fleener.