who is the team that looks the worst?

deuce4321

Driller
At first i thought it was Seattle. But now Washington is looking pretty terrible. What is cincy doing not going after a qb? Carolina will be pretty terrible also. Are all of these teams really all going for Luck?

cctekguy

Staff member
Tennessee is weak and Jacksonville did nothing to improve.

Az. will take at least another year and SF still flounders.

Minnesota is a question mark.

oh...and Denver should be a disaster this year.

Read the last 3 posts and tell me what team doesn't deserve to be on the loser list.

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
At first i thought it was Seattle. But now Washington is looking pretty terrible. What is cincy doing not going after a qb? Carolina will be pretty terrible also. Are all of these teams really all going for Luck?

First of all, Carolina is not going to be terrible. Every year an NFC South team performs much better than anybody thinks, and every year people act suprised. They re-signed their key free agents. They had a lot of injuries last year, and a lame-duck coach, so they kind of quit. They're going to scale back the offense for Cam Newton, and he can run around and I doubt he'll be much worse than Vince Young, especially in his rookie year. I'm not guaranteeing playoffs or a division title or anything, but I bet they're at least a 6 or 7 win team. You watch.

Also, why would the Bengals sign a band-aid veteran QB? They sign Gradkowski, and that's as much as they'll need. The real mission's prepping Dalton, or at least seeing what he's got. They may be terrible, but it doesn't feel without purpose. I dunno. Maybe I'm giving Mike Brown too much credit.

I agree that Washington's a mess. I have no idea what Shanahan's doing or why.

I also will say that Seattle's quaterback situation is going to be pretty bad, but I'm not sure they ever really had a real "quarterback of the future" option to pick from. Nobody in the draft looked special. I'm not a Kevin Kolb believer. They didn't a veteran, because they don't quite have a ready team to roll with this year. Whitehurst and Jackson can be tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum until they're in a position to get a transcendent guy, and then dump both of 'em.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

Seattle is a mess. they basically will go with two second string Qbs. My guess is the plan is to get the Qb of the future in the draft next year.

Washington is a mess, but only at Qb. They have made some nice moves on def. Add to that keeping Moss getting some O-line help. But yeah, Qb will suck.

Buffalo so far is fine, other than being hurt on def. They need to go and get some of teh depth at MLB in Fa. DL help is needed as well.

Carolina has done what it needs, keep those key players that are Fa. They have to address Wr, and either deal Smith, or make sure he has help.

I would say the worst so far this year will be between Washington and Seattle. I put cincy there ONLY if they don't re-sign Jonathan Joseph.

Actually, I have to yell out at Cincy. they have tons of cap room they have to spend. No choice now. They could have blown out some money on DeWill, and given the team and fans some false hope. Instead they are milking negotiations still trying to nickel and dime there way out. I like the Grad move though, they don't want a vet to take over, they want Dalton to take over. So Grad gives him a vet to learn from, that knows Gruden's offense.

Remote Controller

-Carolina might not be as good as they think, but management is acting almost giddy with what thety've accomplished so far. The qb with legs will open up the field for them and extend some series'sss.
-Buffalo won't be horrible....they just won't be real good.
-Shannahan is becoming his old boss from Oakland and should hold the honors of focking up the best situation in just 2 years.