Which team is storming into the playoffs and which team is limping?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Mo. Mojo. Momentum. Some teams got it, some teams don't. I see teams like Baltimore, Indy, and Tennessee storming into the playoffs. One could also add the Falcons but I feel they will advance out of the wildcard by default rather then any sense of momentum.

I also think my beloved Steelers fall into the category of limping into the playoffs. This has nothing to do with Ben getting his bell rung. I haven't seen the Steelers dominate a team in a looooooooong time. That isn't good with a first round bye. Yes guys get healthy but guys also get out or the game/practice rhythm.

So what other teams are you seeing as having momentum going into the playoffs?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Tennessee is NOT storming into the playoffs. They finished 3-3 after starting 10-0, they lost 23-0 the last time out (scrubs or not, that's embarassing against a team you may likely face in your first playoff game), and they are playing with two injured stars on their defensive line, the strength of the team. They could hardly be limping any worse.

Arizona is also limping in, and by limping in, I mean that they should have been out of the playoff race a month ago.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I agree Pittsburgh and Tenn are limping.

I agree Baltimore is surging.

I would throw up Philly as a storming team. Huge second half plus a road win already in the playoffs will drive them.

Carolina and its running game are storming.

San Diego had to win to get in, and then win in overtime to a better team to stay in...so they should now rate as storming as well.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
SD would be storming no doubt with a healthy LT. They are without question the hottest team in the past 6 weeks.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Just goes to show you just never know in the NFL.....everyone has the Panthers druising yesterday and they got crushed by the cards! I'd love to see Philly win today so we can see a NFC championship game in ARIZONA!!! How crazy would that be!

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Just goes to show you just never know in the NFL.....everyone has the Panthers druising yesterday and they got crushed by the cards! I'd love to see Philly win today so we can see a NFC championship game in ARIZONA!!! How crazy would that be!

That would be friggin sweet, but we'll hear a ton of whining about ARZ in the Bowl. Dieon Sanders, last night, thought the idea was awful. Suck it Prime Time! :xpissed:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think the idea is AWESOME! Would love to see the NFL flipped on it's head like that. Even better, SD hosts the other championship game, 8-8 & 9-7 hosting the two biggest games of the year! SWEEEEEEET!!!!

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i think its lame and ridiculous that two teams that probably shouldnt have even been in the playoffs could end up hosting next week. neither is going to happen, but its not sweet. its a mockery of the playoff system and it makes the regular season moot. makes the bcs look like a pretty ingenius idea as well.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
i think its lame and ridiculous that two teams that probably shouldnt have even been in the playoffs could end up hosting next week. neither is going to happen, but its not sweet. its a mockery of the playoff system and it makes the regular season moot. makes the bcs look like a pretty ingenius idea as well.
Spoken like the fan of a team that has already lost.

If you make the playoffs and win, you deserve to be there. Whine all you want but thems the facts.

Arizona has done what it needs to do. I think they get exposed next week by Philly, who won't let Fitz run wild loose, and will beat Warner to death. But the fact was they won...and now they host

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
haha, has nothing to do with being a vikings fan. i never had any hope of doing any more than what we did -- making the playoffs and getting embarassed in the first round. has to do with not wanting a long winter's nap next sunday, but alas.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
well so much for the limping cardinals and storming panthers.

That's why they play the games you ass.

Also I just got in last night from Tempe and the Cards fans are soiling themselves with excitement about hosting the division.