Which team has the best shot at turning it around?

Which of these teams has the best chance at playoffs next season?

• Total voters

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
In this past year's draft, three of the teams that chose in the top 6 turned it around and made the playoffs this year: the Dolphins (#1) and the Falcons (#3). And the Jets at #6 should have joined them. That's half of the six worst teams in the league last year.

We probably can't count on half to do it again, but which one of these teams in this year's top 6 has the best shot at making next year's playoffs?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I went with the Chefs. I think Detroit will turn it around in big fashion but if asked which crap team has the best chance to go into the playoffs KC is in the best position. More or less due to the fact they are playing in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL. I also think they will hold onto Herm and bounce LJ. Continuity and cleansing the locker room will go a long way. They are also young on defense.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
What's interesting is that out of the top 6 draft picks, three of them won 10 games... and the other three are right back in the top 6 picks again this year. Talk about your boom or bust potential.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I went with Cincinnati. Reason being is this.

Offense will be much better next year with Carson back, and a real running game....Benson or some RB drafted.

Defense actually was much better, and survived some major injuries...so if they stay healthy...they should only improve.

Plus a schedule that will be much easier to manage.

Runnik's Hambones

I'm with Phic on this one. Palmer is going to help them, no doubt. Benson has been playing very well as of late, and surprisingly enough, their Defense has stepped it up a bit. With a good draft pick I think they have a shot at becoming a decent team again next year.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
im obviously alone on this, and a lot will depend on how the offseason goes, but my choice is oakland:

1) weak division at 8-8, plus another team in the bottom of the league, and a very easy schedule
2) jamarcus russell going into his second full year at QB where they usually flourish, and he finished the year strong with 2 TDs in each of his last three games
3) a great backfield combo of mcfadden, bush, fargas that can eat up a lot of yardage if the line gets some improvement
4) a new head coach... hopefully someone with some clout that isn't just al's puppet. how about shanny? :)
5) a defense with two legit studs in nnamdi asomugha and kirk morrison and several other good playmakers already in place

this team looks to me like one that could get a new coach, upgrade its OL a bit, work on the defense for the most part, and really makes some noise in the afc west next year.

it will take a great new coach who can change a decade of losing ways for a loser of a franchise, but the pieces are coming together IMO.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
good points on Oakland Bomb! They could have the SB champ in that division to deal with though ;)

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I don't have a world of faith in any of these teams to do it, but I went with St Louis.

Aside from key injuries (and lack of quality depth) they also had a dysfunctional front office that had distractions trickling down to the locker room. The president stepped down so that's a start, and now they need a defensive minded coach to get the team back to fundamentals. They could also use a good backup running back, veteran receiver, and some depth at o-line.

Their division is weak.
They have key offensive and defensive talent in place.

Dunno. Maybe if they stay healthy. Just maybe.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
I agree with db on Oakland. If the team buys into Singletary's ideas, they could be pretty good.