What should be Fantasy Football Strategy?

preeti222

I'm in my second year playing fantasy football. I'm doing pretty good this year, 8-4, but I still can't really help when I see a guy who I think will have a big day, and he is only projected to get like 3 fantasy points. Sometimes I wonder if I should play him.
Who else does think like this?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Projections are only someone else's guess. You run your team and sometimes you just have to go with your gut.

preeti222

Projections are only someone else's guess. You run your team and sometimes you just have to go with your gut.

Thanks for reply but as i said earlier that I am quite new to fantasy football, for me it is not so easy to go with gut right now.I know that projections are someone's guesses but I just hope it will be quite useful for me to go with it.

gizzil

look at the projections, sure... but pay more attention to WHY the projections are what they are. Pay attention to which o line sucks. which defense yields tons of rushing yards, or receiving yards, or points. And WHY. is the opposing team bad, and therefore yielding a lot of garbage time rushes? Or is the team really good and building leads so the second half their opposition is forced into throwing constantly...another thing I try to do (although this may be divulging too much ;)) is pick guys from contending teams, and even ones that won't be TOO good (although this is becoming more rare). Guys on teams that will have to be trying for four quarters. I think guys like, say, Trent Richardson, MJD, etc are a little overrated. Sure, they are awesome and have put up great numbers at times but... down the stretch, or certain games, could be nonexistent. You can also pay attention to injury loss on the opposing side. When Houston lost Cushing their defense suffered mightily, especially at first. So basically my point is that you kinda walk a fine line. some of what you know and feel will be better than what is projected. Some of what they know is much more informed. What you try to do is strike a balance between the two. There is a ton of information available, but sometimes your gut has to know better.

preeti222

look at the projections, sure... but pay more attention to WHY the projections are what they are. Pay attention to which o line sucks. which defense yields tons of rushing yards, or receiving yards, or points. And WHY. is the opposing team bad, and therefore yielding a lot of garbage time rushes? Or is the team really good and building leads so the second half their opposition is forced into throwing constantly...another thing I try to do (although this may be divulging too much ;)) is pick guys from contending teams, and even ones that won't be TOO good (although this is becoming more rare). Guys on teams that will have to be trying for four quarters. I think guys like, say, Trent Richardson, MJD, etc are a little overrated. Sure, they are awesome and have put up great numbers at times but... down the stretch, or certain games, could be nonexistent. You can also pay attention to injury loss on the opposing side. When Houston lost Cushing their defense suffered mightily, especially at first. So basically my point is that you kinda walk a fine line. some of what you know and feel will be better than what is projected. Some of what they know is much more informed. What you try to do is strike a balance between the two. There is a ton of information available, but sometimes your gut has to know better.

Well I guess then I have to keep my eye on so many things.
Many FF newbies prefer to go for their favorite players while drafting. Is it good strategy ? I mean by doing so you will enjoy the whole season but chances of wining will be less.

Last edited by a moderator: