What kind of cap space does Cincy have?

Zach

I am just a bit curious as to what would happen to their cap if Palmer decided to show up at camp.

Coachnorm

I think they would take a cap hit on Palmer if they were to trade him but it really wouldn't have that much impact as Sarge pointed out. May affect the Bengals ability to make some contract extensions to current players this year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Actually, per a local radio stage, they are 30 plus million over. Part of their story is they are protecting in case Palmer returns. They will probably resign some players as well.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Yeah, they are well in the clear if Palmer decides to show up. Kinda what happens when you refuse to spend money.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Actually, per a local radio stage, they are 30 plus million over. Part of their story is they are protecting in case Palmer returns. They will probably resign some players as well.

My numbers were like a month old, but I was sort of close :)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The bigger issue will be roster size. They will have to decide if they have someone they are willing to cut, to make room on roster for Palmer

Zach

Just find it interesting that he has not retired yet - makes you wonder what he plans on doing.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Yes but that provision dont kick in till next year I believe. Khris has a good handle on the CBA
not 100% sure, but I think that this provision doesn't kick in until 2013, which gives tight asses like Brown next year as well to **** their fan base off.