What an uncompetitive Playoffs so far!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
7 games in and we only have 2 games decided by 10 pts or less. Only one game has provided any real drama (GB/Ari). The positive spin on this is that this could be the year of the top seeds, if SD win, all 1 & 2 seeds will have advanced. That could mean one hell of a weekend next week.....but talk about a let down so far.

Who would have thought when it ended that the Jets/Cincy game would have been the 2nd most competitive game so far....

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
What seems to be a trend is once a team makes a mistake, more mistakes follow like dominoes. It's a surprising lack of discipline from playoff caliber teams.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
The field performance has been so much less than I expected. It looks like teams are simply running out of steam.

At least my propane grill kept the fires burning and our Playoff Menu is winning tummies over with every game.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
to be fair, the final score does not always reflect the competitiveness of the game
I agree in some situations that your statement is true, but not in this playoffs...what game has been more competitive than the score showed?

Balt 33 NE 14 - Baltimore smoked them and controlled the entire game. The end result was never in doubt.

Dal 34 Phi 14 - Again, Dallas dominated this game from the 2nd Q on.....this game was over at halftime.

NO 45 Ari 14 - Complete dominance by the Saints. Never a contest.

Ind 20 Balt 3 - Baltimore could not stop shooting themselves in the foot enough to ever make this a game. They never threatened the end result throughout the game IMO.

Min 34 Dal 3 - Complete mismatch, Vikes dominated the game on the defensive end forcing mistake after mistake and Favre took care of the rest. Never a contest.

At least in the Jets ass kicking of the Bengals the Bengals had chances to make it a 1 score game late but missed FG's threw that away. That game and the great GB/Ari game were the only two which had moments in the 4th Q in which you could even argue the game may be in doubt.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Well, look at the bright side. Everyone who has issued beatdowns is playing next weekend. Could be wars.

Remote Controller

The story of the whole season this year has been the QB's, and we still have Manning, Brees, and Favre in play. The best 3 Qb's this year. Sanchez and the Jets are done.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
The story of the whole season this year has been the QB's, and we still have Manning, Brees, and Favre in play. The best 3 Qb's this year. Sanchez and the Jets are done.
Great point RC, the top QB's are still ballin'

And the Jets, much to my surprise are playing great and going to be a tough out, even for Indy. But I agree with ya, I think their great run ends in Indy....same place their run started.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Ya, and even though I'm thrilled the JETS won for personal reasons they denied us the chance to see the 2009 Chargers and Colts play.....!

Agreed, Colts will prevail next week.

Mike

Administrator
The one game that was close was a result of no defense and no dominating running game from either team. both teams are out.

Jetdoc

Didn't the Jets just knock out one of the best QBs in the NFL this year?

The Colts need to realize what the Bengals and the Chargers failed to realize...the best way to beat the Jets is to:

1. Stop the Jets running game. The Jets will get theirs on defense, so the only way to get your offense rolling is to keep the Jets defense on the field...which will gradually wear them down and out. Let Sanchez get a deep ball or two...if he keeps throwing them, he's going to make a mistake.

2. Throw the long ball. It is insanely tempting to throw dump off passes to beat the blitz. If you do so, you're playing into the Jets' hands...they want you to abandon the big play game and try to beat them short...this is where the Jets' safeties excel.

Remote Controller

Didn't the Jets just knock out one of the best QBs in the NFL this year?

The Colts need to realize what the Bengals and the Chargers failed to realize...the best way to beat the Jets is to:

1. Stop the Jets running game. The Jets will get theirs on defense, so the only way to get your offense rolling is to keep the Jets defense on the field...which will gradually wear them down and out. Let Sanchez get a deep ball or two...if he keeps throwing them, he's going to make a mistake.

2. Throw the long ball. It is insanely tempting to throw dump off passes to beat the blitz. If you do so, you're playing into the Jets' hands...they want you to abandon the big play game and try to beat them short...this is where the Jets' safeties excel.
...but the top 3 are still going

Remote Controller

Not sure how you're ranking them (i.e. fantasywise?), but based on passer rating it was Brees, Favre and then Rivers. Manning was #6.
I guess i just feel manning is the best regardless. Your point is well taken. Rivers is the new best Qb to not win the big one. When he is playing they are never out of a game.