Weis to Kansas?!?!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE hire. But word is Dayne Crist is going to transfer to KU for the 2012 season.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Kansas did not seek permission from Florida to interview Weis, and Weis told no one he was going to take the job. Florida HC Will Muschamp learned of the loss of his offensive coordinator while going into a presser for the bowl game.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Lawerence, KS has the fast food and doughnut infrastructure already in place to support Weis. The investments made under Mangino have paid off.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Does he really think he can compete on the recruiting field with Texas, OU and OSU right now? And seriously, recently, what has he done? He does nothing but feed off other coaches talent all ready there and when that dries up he runs. IMO, he is not a coach of any sort in the college ranks. He needs to go back to the pro ranks and go back to being an OC somewhere. Thats the last position he thrived in.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Does he really think he can compete on the recruiting field with Texas, OU and OSU right now?

Kansas doesn't have to. They can feast off of the Jayhawk JUCOs and get some of the loads of Texas players who slip through the cracks. Kansas should follow the Bill Snyder model.

DearbornDolfan

Kansas doesn't have to. They can feast off of the Jayhawk JUCOs and get some of the loads of Texas players who slip through the cracks. Kansas should follow the Bill Snyder model.

It's not going to work. I grew up in Kansas and because my stepdad was a HS coach I lived and breathed football. There's not a HS football player in the state who wants to play for KU. There's not a HS football player that's going to pass up a chance to play for Coach Snyder if they don't have an offer from a perennial Top 10 team.

In Kansas football is God's sport and Bill Snyder is His Prophet.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
It's not going to work. I grew up in Kansas and because my stepdad was a HS coach I lived and breathed football. There's not a HS football player in the state who wants to play for KU.

That wasn't part of my plan above. I said they should feast on the JUCO Jayhawk League for talent and raid the Texas leftovers. After they start winning again, the locals will stay home.

DearbornDolfan

That wasn't part of my plan above. I said they should feast on the JUCO Jayhawk League for talent and raid the Texas leftovers. After they start winning again, the locals will stay home.

You're suggesting he do what Coach Snyder ALREADY does. Again, he comes up short next to the legend of Coach Snyder. I'm thinking you don't appreciate the stigma that KU football has attached to it, but the University itself does know it which is why they almost never try to compete with K-State for in-state recruitment.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
But word is Dayne Crist is going to transfer to KU for the 2012 season.

Crist has announced his intentions to transfer to KU and so has BYU soph. QB Jake Heaps, who was a top QB prospect out of high school. Heaps started as a true freshman and will have to sit out the 2012 season but will have two years of eligibility remaining. Looks like Weis has sewn up the QB spot for the next three seasons.