Week 8 Weather Woes

cctekguy

Staff member
As if having 6 teams on bye didn't make things hard enough, 4 of the remaining 10 games are threatened by some pretty serious weather.
Here are some game time forecasts.

Atl @ Jets: 66*, 100% chance of rain, Wind 18 MPH.

SF @ Philly: 66*, 100% chance of rain, Wind 10 MPH

Dal @ Wash: 55*, 80% chance of rain, Wind 10 MPH

Oak @ Buff: 46*, 35% chance of rain, increasing to 70% during the game. Wind 8 MPH.

LAC @ NE: 66*, 15% chance of rain, Wind 17 MPH.

The Coastal storm isn't your typical "rainy weather" and could carry wind gusts up to 50 MPH thru Monday.

The rain will begin Saturday night, so at a minimum the fields will be extremely wet.

Here's a link if you want to read more about it.

https://weather.com/forecast/nation...theast-weekend-storm-damaging-wind-heavy-rain

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I've been fretting the 9er at Philly game for a couple of days counting on Wentz. The fact that the Eagles should handle them with ease plus the bad weather certainly has my attention. The only hopeful thing is the wind is not supposed to be a problem for their contest.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
My source says don't fret the wing in Philadelphia. I have no choice but to hope he's right. He even says half of the game will be played with no rain. :shrug:

cctekguy

Staff member
This will help you sleep better tonight.

Go to my CBS Team page and look at the weather icon next to the Atlanta @ Jets game.

I've never seen that one before! :eek::eek::eek:

cctekguy

Staff member
Guess I should change my pick to Deer Slayers.

Freeman is good but I don't think swimming yards count.

Might be tough for the defense to get his knee down, though. :D