trade offered

#1bears fan

Roddy White for Ryan Matthews.. Matthews was my keeper from last year equivelant to my 5th round pick he drafted White in the 3rd.
Heres my Roster ( this was the draft I was unable to attend)
QB ELi Manning
WR Nicks
WR Wallace
RB P Thomas
RB R Brown
TE Pettigrew
flex Blackmon

Bench
MJD
R Matthews
Benson
D Wilson
Meachem
S Moss

Not a fan of Wallace and Nicks is usually banged up so White would be awesome depth at my WR position. Matthews health issues are a concern for me but besides MJD he is the only fulltime back I have, but if Benson pans out he could replace Matthews.. MJD will be my RB1 after this week.. Wanted some inside into the SD running game is Matthews going to go off as much as expected this year?? The other guys roster is irrelevent not one to send out a decent trade offer so Im surprised he offered this..

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
Wanted some inside into the SD running game is Matthews going to go off as much as expected this year??.

I assume you mean "go off...the field because of ANOTHER injury", in which case, yes, yes Matthews will go off as much as expected this year.

If you can grab Roddy for him that'd be great, but I think that the other guy would be crazy to go through with it.

#1bears fan

IF I accept its a done deal the offer is already sent to me!! Dont know how long I can wait before he pulls it so I wanted to act fast. Just concerned because Matthews was ranked so high this year and obviously white will take a hit with Jones there... hoping to get as many opinions as possible

Remote Controller

The move sounds like a winner for you, but it will leave you very thin at RB. Hopefully Benson pans out for you and MJD gets his entire gig back.

#1bears fan

Thats what scares me I would be relying on Benson or PT as my RB2 with MJD as my RB1, with Ronnie brown and David Wilson on my bench. Im going to wait on some more input but Im leaning on taking it... Im a WW maddog anyway!

cctekguy

Staff member
We are (or were) talking about a possible top 5 RB.

Roddy has been great but Julio is the top dog in Atlanta's kennel.

Broken clavicle isn't a lingering injury .

I'm saying NO WAY do I make this trade.

Besides, if you make the deal and later realize that you need another RB, who could you get for White? It won't be Foster, Rice or McCoy ...Or CJ, DMAC or Murray.

It will be Helu, Wells or Ridley.

Would you trade Mathews for any of those guys?

#1bears fan

Been waiting for you Tek!! now Im just confused, lmao!! waiting for a couple more of the regulars before I make up my mind! Doesnt youre statement mean White will be seeing less coverage than Julio....?

Arctic Dawgs

I'd hold for a couple weeks. The RBs value will go up (depending on injuries) and the WRs will stay about the same. Wait a couple weeks and you have:

MJD, Mathews, and Benson for starters
PT, Brown, and Wilson on your bench

Now you are trading from a real strength. You could prolly get a top WR for MJD, who I consider an injury risk this year. Prolly get them to throw in a draft pick as well

#1bears fan

Great point on traditional backs value rising depending on injuries....Im just thinking Matthews is always on that list of injuries..

Arctic Dawgs

Yup, but Wilson and PT are just as likely to be getting more work due to injuries as Mathews is to lose work. I consider MJD your biggest I/R risk and yet you will prolly be able to get quite a bit more for him than Mathews

cctekguy

Staff member
Doesnt youre statement mean White will be seeing less coverage than Julio....?

We've through that discussion before, Bear.

If that argument held any water then Titus Young would get drafted before Calvin, Kevin Walter would get drafted before AJ and Lance Moore would get drafted before Colston. It comes down to who the QB is looking for 1st and Matt will be looking for Julio.

jjtweeks

I'm with Tek on this one . Mathews, if he stays healthy will be a top 5 back and Roddy will be playing second fiddle to the young stud Julio. I like you starting receivers now and just hang on to mathews. You will be happy later

#1bears fan

Titus YOung is no Roddy White!! he might be ATL #2 but as far as Fantasy is concerned Roddy White is a WR1. I was low on Matthews when the season started only have him because he was the best eligible guy I had to keep from last year. Noone seems to be praising Matthews just downing Roddy and I dont see it. No way hes a top 5 back this season no way no how!! he might break the top 10 if he stays healthy.. Not going against everybody just trying to keep the argument open! Appreciate the input OUTLAWS!!

cctekguy

Staff member
Prior to his injury, Mathews ADP was 4 or 5...Ahead of CJ, DMac, Murray, MJD and Forte. He played in 12 games his rookie year and 14 last year so it's hard to pin the "injury risk" label on him just yet.

He was a 1000 yd rusher last season with 1,500 total yards and 6 TDs all while splitting reps and losing goal line carries to Tolbert. Tolbert is gone.

Given the scarcity of 20 carry backs in the NFL it seems to me you could get more than a 4th or 5th round WR for him.

I assume you are not a PPR league or else we wouldn't even be having this discussion, so that drops Mathews a bit but I still think the trade is one you would regret later when you're fishing the ww for a "quality" RB like Stephens-Howling.

#1bears fan

Tek you the man that was the slap in the face I needed Trade declined!!

Declined trade with all of your guys outstanding points lets hope Roddy tanks this week and he sweetens the pot!!!

gizzil

i was gonna go where tek went, cept i slept a lil later... if you really needed WR and had RB depth, maybe... but it would appear youre fine with WR since you only need 2, and i wouldn't sneeze @ wallace/nicks at all...